Key Lime Pie

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

• “Finally tried this again, after it sitting in my cupboard for a few months. There's definitely a strong key lime smell and flavor, with less pineapple than before. It does taste creamy, instead of...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 954 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *MissB* for sending a few cups of this my way. It's a nice black that really does taste like Key Lime Pie, or, what I think Key Lime Pie tastes like - lemon meringue but with lime? ...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1415 tasting notes

From LuxBerry Tea

If you’ve ever been to Key West, Florida, then you know that it’s the home of Key Lime Pie. The origin of the key lime pie is said to date back to the Florida sponge fishermen. The sponge fishermen spent many days and nights at sea and were unable to refrigerate their food. Common ingredients on their boats were condensed milk, limes and eggs. Living on a boat, it is no surprise that the fishermen did not have access to ovens. Accordingly, the original key lime pie recipe does not call for the pie to be baked! Try adding milk and a touch of sugar or sweetener to this brew for an even richer experience!

Ceylon, South India and China black teas, candied pineapple bits (pineapple, sugar), lemon peels, flavor, yoghurt bits, marigold petals.

About LuxBerry Tea View company

Finally tried this again, after it sitting in my cupboard for a few months. There’s definitely a strong key lime smell and flavor, with less pineapple than before. It does taste creamy, instead of feel creamy; I would have preferred both. It’s still really tasty, and I do get both pie and key lime out of this, with little out of the base other than to fully flesh it out in the background. I like it…. just missing something for me to LOVE it.

Yvonne

Oh my – this sounds absolutely lovely.

Thanks to MissB for sending a few cups of this my way.

It’s a nice black that really does taste like Key Lime Pie, or, what I think Key Lime Pie tastes like – lemon meringue but with lime? It’s black and smooth and bright and very enjoyable.

Can’t wait to drink the rest of it!