Earth, Herbaceous, Malt, Molasses, Raisins
Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

• “Lots of golden tips - they are not exaggerating! So pretty. This is smooth, strong, slightly dusty at the front of the sip... Mildly sweet but with a most decided kick. This would be a good...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 580 tasting notes
  • “This sample came from *Nicole*. Visually, it looks like a generic semi-tippy Yunnan, though the leaves are a bit more broken than I would like. The leaves are mostly dark, maybe with 30% golden...” Read full tasting note
    CameronB 833 tasting notes
  • “Had another cup of this for breakfast this morning, thanks to the generous sample from the TTB. I accidentally forgot to fill my kettle up with enough water for a cup, so I had to let it sit after...” Read full tasting note
    whatshesaid 532 tasting notes

From Mahamosa Gourmet Teas, Spices & Herbs

This is an exquisite Chinese tea with long leaf style with an abundance of golden tips. The tea is made from a unique variety of Camellia sinensis found in Yunnan Province, China. This tea has full body, smooth and creamy taste. Zoom in to the image above to see in fine detail the dark leaves bathed in luxurious golden tips. Enjoy this tea any time of day.

Leaf: Dark brown leaves and an abundance of long wavy golden tips.

Body: Full

Aroma and Taste: Smooth, rich and creamy

Intensity: Strong

Color: Rich orange

About Mahamosa Gourmet Teas, Spices & Herbs View company

Lots of golden tips – they are not exaggerating! So pretty.

This is smooth, strong, slightly dusty at the front of the sip… Mildly sweet but with a most decided kick. This would be a good kick yer butt outta the house morning tea. :)

Oh, and I should add that they were very nice people to deal with. They even included a complimentary black tea tin with my order.

This sample came from Nicole. Visually, it looks like a generic semi-tippy Yunnan, though the leaves are a bit more broken than I would like. The leaves are mostly dark, maybe with 30% golden tips. Dry, it smells pretty sweet and malty. I did my usual 3 minute brew.

The brewed aroma is earthy with malt or dark bread notes, raisins, and honey. The taste is quite similar. There’s a definitely earthy quality, but I don’t get mineral or smoke with it. Definitely a lot of malt here, but I wouldn’t describe it as bread. I also get a dark dried fruit flavor, which makes me think of raisins combined with the richness of molasses. There’s isn’t a ton of sweetness, however. There’s just a little hint of an herbaceous spice note that I’ve found in several other dark Yunnan and Fujian teas. I would describe this as being between the “dark” Yunnans (earth/mineral/smoke) and the “middling” Yunnans (mostly bread/honey/dried fruit). This tea is okay, but not something that I would purchase. I tend to love the middling to light (pastry/honey/stonefruit) Yunnans the most though. :)

Flavors: Earth, Herbaceous, Malt, Molasses, Raisins

I accidentally forgot to fill my kettle up with enough water for a cup, so I had to let it sit after I poured it, while I waited for more water to boil.

It got really dark and bold. I added milk , or maybe it was a splash of cream…I forget. Anyway it was good and rich and thick and creamy.
Glad I have a bit left!

Nicole

I love this one with cream. :)

i’ll have to look at it sometime…sounds nice