White Peony White Tea

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by AllanK

From Mandala Tea

Product description not available yet.

About Mandala Tea View company

This tea was a sample someone added for me. I think was Stephanie, but I could be completely wrong. I really don’t know. Everything to all mixed up.

Anyway, I was having a cruddy day at work and after going through everything I’d grabbed from the L&C box this morning, nothing appealed. This one was sitting on my desk, and sounded perfect.

It was.

I love white peony tea, and this is a beautiful example.

Sweet, creamy, delicious.

(Yes, I wrote YUM multiple times on my note paper while tasting this.)

Cameron B.

Yum, I just had bai mudan too. :D

This tea is ok, not great, but decent. It is somewhat floral, somewhat bitter, and somewhat sweet with bitter slightly overriding the other flavors. I only bought an ounce of this as I don’t always like white tea. I brewed this with the recommended amount of leaf, about 6 tsp in an 18 oz teapot for 1 min at 175 degrees.

Jamie Groth

Hi Allen – Give that a shot with a much longer infusion, maybe 3-4 minutes to start.

Thanks Garret for a sample of this with my recent Mandala order!

This is the 2014 harvest. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such large FUZZY white tea leaves! This is seriously some fluffy downy stuff :) The kind of tea you want to pet like a kitty!

I may have slightly underleafed this for my tastes. It is so hard to measure big leaves! This is a smooth, creamy white though. Light but with a rich earthiness. Creamy hay may not sound appealing but that is what it reminds me of. Sweet and summery :)

This tea makes my mouth water :) It’s been so fun to break this new crop out for the tea classes lately. I typically will do my first steep at 5 to 8 minutes when I am working with a white tea. This stuff works great in a tea thermos (grandpa style), too. Try a longer steep with it and see what you get.

And I am the one who should be doing the thanking, pal :) So, without further adieu – THANK YOU!!