Thé des Impressionnistes

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Mariage Frères

In the wild, rocky, maritime region of Provence in southern France, nature’s shimmering colours create rare and intense harmonies that delighted Impressionist artists.

This green tea, scented with mild spices and white flowers, is also dotted with mauve flowers as a visual echo of the dazzling and powerful fragrance that fills the mouth.

A colourful tea.

For a 6-8 oz. cup, use 1 1/2 teaspoon and bring water to 175 F boil. Infuse for 2 minutes.

About Mariage Frères View company

Well aren’t you pretty!?
You smell nice too!
Are you meeting someone!?
Oh how FAB!
What’s that you say!?
This person you are to meet is TeaEqualsBliss!?
Well, you found her!
Thank the tea gods for you!
You are a darling! A Gem!
A Delight!
Floral and Sweet!
What a joy to be around!
So glad we’ve met!

Abosolutely. Love it. LOL:)

I am so very swooning over all of the Mariage Freres teas you are getting to taste!!!

lol…very cute!

teahee – Cofftea & LENA – I know, I know…total randomness sometimes I just have to type whatever pops in my head first…lol…

@ JacquelineM – I received them in the mail today!!!! :) I’m very grateful. I don’t have it anywhere locally!!!

Thé des Impressionistes – the title alone sounds fabulous :)

Okay, so I had a pot of this today, and it’s a little too perfumey and handcreamy for a whole pot, at least that early in the morning.

I’m mostly posting this to screenshot what happens – there’s a bug that shows the most popular note for the tea rather than the new note upon posting. Let’s go bugfix!

Ysaurella, the most pointless tasting note in the universe would like to thank you for your support.

lol look at mine ! I had some issues with Steepster as well so fully understand and support ;)

Woot! What’s their response time like for user reports? I emailed them about a tea having duplicate pages, but I don’t think it’s been addressed yet.

Hm, I think the response time is completely dependent on what else they’re doing – this particular issue was discussed at length in the forum thread for the new tea page where Jason addressed questions and concerns yesterday. That took about two months, though.

Oooo this is interesting. I can’t remember the last time I had green tea but this one looks so pretty I couldn’t resist. It’s almost like experiencing a deconstructed tea – it’s a sweet floral and the floral is kind of the top note, it’s loose, almost like a spray of perfume and then comes a sweetness that just settles. Perhaps I’m reaching but this reminds me exactly of an impressionist painting – small touches of different things you can taste separately. Sophisticated.

a dear friend brought this tea back from Paris for me. i love it. it’s subtle & delicate without any bitterness.

A friend shared this with me today. It had been given to her by someone else so I’m really not sure how old it was.
Whatever the case, I had seen reviews before and thought it may be too permfumey. But alas! it was lovely. A tad bit on the heavy side but quite manageable.
So very smooth n silky. The liquid seemed to float down my throat (and yes I know that makes no sense. and yes the image in my head is quite magical/disneyish. Singing birds and all)
Lots of layered vanilla notes, and something floral I couldn’t place. At times I tasted citrus notes but they were so fleeting that I really wasn’t sure if it was my imagination.
An absolute perfect tea for afternoon chatting.

I absolutely love this tea. I went on a mini tea shopping spree today and got this one at Selfridges and White White Cocoa at T2. A very good day.

This tea tastes really familiar to me, like I’ve been drinking this kind of tea for years now… only I can’t think of what tea it could possibly be of the ones I have. I think maybe it’s just my head playing tricks on me. Whatever it is, though, it is just a remarkably soothing, gently sweet tea without a trace of bitterness or anything else that’s not lovely. I don’t really know which notes and such I was tasting – will have to do round two for that. All I know is that it is utterly delicious. So there.

There is a lot going on with this tea. Flowers, fragrance, a little space.