Huo Shan Yellow Sprouting

Yellow Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

From Mark T. Wendell

This rare yellow tea from China’s Anhui province is comprised of beautiful hand-crafted leaves and downy silver buds. This tea is notable for its rich, full and smooth tasting floral infusion. When brewed, our Yellow Sprouting produces a naturally sweet and refreshingly clean tasting cup of tea.

About Mark T. Wendell View company

Tea of the afternoon…… (SRP #27)

This is my first yellow tea! It comes from my foodzie box from LiberTEAS.

Brewing parameters for this are very similar to green teas. Leaves are long, and bright yellow-green, and somewhat curled inward toward the center spine. I used about 170 water for three minutes. I am amazed how much this reminds me of Long Jing. I think similar to Long Jing but not nearly as vegetal. It has the buttery mouth feel, but not super heavy buttery like some oolongs. I can drink this one without adding sweetener which is a bonus.

Very lovey and enjoyable. Just what I needed was another kind of tea that I need to buy!

Mug method with 170 water for 2 minutes. No additions.

Nice – I was curious about this one also. Sounds tempting!

It is like green tea with no astringency. Dang…another type of tea to obsess about….looking at TeaSpring’s offerings….

ha – I had one from Upton which I did not care for so much..

Second steep is good, too.

I did just order a yellow tea from Harney. I also needed some Decaf Paris!

Goodness this is good! I love yellow tea! Thank you LiberTEAS for sending me some!
I am going to have to add this to my TO GET list as well!
A perfect example of yellow tea for those who may want to venture into yellows or anyone who is already a fan!
Sweet, buttery but not too buttery, creamy, slightly vegetal but not like a green, even a slight candy like flavor when cooled.
Full review on the 21st here:

Yay… I’m glad you are loving Yellows!

Oh I DO! I was lucky to be introduced to yellow tea the first time I ever purchase loose leaf! WOO HOOO its good stuff! :) Thank you for this!

You’re very welcome. :)

Rich, sweet, smooth yet floral, a bit juicy! Great! The aroma alone is memorable! Still trying to think of what the smell reminds me of!

Awesome! I’m so excited that Mark T. Wendell has added yellow tea to their ever-expanding collection of tea. And this yellow tea is fabulous!