Nilgiri Tiger Hill Supreme

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Mark T. Wendell

Situated in southern India’s Blue Mountains, the Tiger Hill estate produces some of Nilgiri’s best teas. Slowly growing in this areas high elevation climate and fertile soil, the predominantly clonal Nilgiri bushes produce refreshing teas with faint citrus notes. This medium-bodied tea produces a bright, brisk liquor with a light, clean flavor that really stands out in each cup.

About Mark T. Wendell View company

Sturdy but smooth today! See previous notes…

E Alexander Gerster

I have been lucky to have this once or twice at a friend’s house and found it to be a really nice tea. I don’t much about the South Indian teas, but to me it tasted wonderfully smooth and definitely “Sturdy” as you noted. Brings back good memories! :)

I’ve found that I really enjoy Nilgiri from most companies. :) Glad you enjoyed it!

Tried a Nilgiri Tea years ago and didn’t care for it—too lemony for me. I’d try a sample (possibly) just to see how I like it. My tastes have changed since I cupped that tea so long ago

My teas tastes tend to change a lot :)

It’s malty with a crisp, fruity aftertaste. Lots of depth and flavour, but easy to drink. A delicious and satisfying tea that is endlessly smooth, with no bitterness or astringency.

I first encountered Nilgiri tea on a visit to the Kerala area of the Blue Mountains in India. I collected some Nilgiri tea there, but when I saw this one on MTW’s site I had to give it a try. This is a really fine tea with nice citrusy notes and something I can’t describe, sort of a plum taste. A medium bodied tea that lends itself to drinking without the need for milk to cut the tannin. I am not a fan of using milk in tea so this one suits me fine. I’ve had it for seven mornings not consecutively, and I really enjoy it’s beautiful difference.

For me this was a much stronger tea than the description would suggest, but it’s grown on me. A nice wakeup in the morning.