Maple Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by cteresa

From MlesnA

100% Pure Canadian Maple Tea. Simply delicious! Aromatic and delightful to the nose and palate.

About MlesnA View company

I was excited for this tea because it smelled like maple when dry, albeit slightly artificial. Unfortunately, the taste was very medicinal and reminded me of paint thinner. Maybe I just got a bad bag, because I enjoy a lot of Mlesna’s other teas. I may give this another chance in the future just to see.

I hate it when a tea teases you with a fantastic yummy smell and turn out to tastes super gross!!

It smelled lovely but the taste left a lot to be desired. It was quite bitter for a Ceylon so I had to add milk to make it drinkable. It’s flavoured with something that sort of vaguely tastes like maple syrup, but is more strangely synthetic than anything else.

This Canadian is not impressed.

That makes me sad. I keep looking for a good maple tea but so far nada. One day….

I’ve never heard of maple tea before. I can’t really get the flavour of tea and the flavour of maple syrup to ‘match’ in my head, it sounds to me like a relatively strange combination. But then again so did genmaicha, and that’s turned out to be one of my favourite greens. I wonder if I could get something akin to it by making an ordinary ceylon and sweetening it ever so slightly with maple syrup?

That sounds like a neat idea, actually. I have some plain Ceylon and some syrup so I’ll have to try it.

you can buy this tea from

I was really disappointed by this tea. I bought it in a fit of homesickness – I’m very far from my native Vermont, and when I saw it in a Russian mall I thought it was too good to be true! It came in the coolest tin, too (UVM green and gold!) so I figured it would be worth an impulse buy. But I’ve been so disappointed! I’ve really tried to make this tea work – experimenting with steeping times, water temperatures… even cold steeping it! But nothing seems to make it taste good. Like Jillian said, it’s got a really weird, synthetic flavor to it that makes the whole thing taste frankly kind of gross.

This is the first time I’ve had a really bad experience with loose leaf tea… but I suppose it had to happen eventually!

Worse than the vanilla tea. No noticeable maple aroma or flavour, just a vague sweetness. Just as bitter/astringent as vanilla, but no redeeming other flavours.

Despite the many negative comments warning potential drinkers against this tea, I still ordered a box. It was meh, sad. The only tasting note detected was really the earthiness of the bag itself. Maybe if you put some maple syrup in it, it will justify the label. Don’t worry about this tea, there are other amazing teas by MlesnA.