Edit tea info Last updated by Dorothy

From Metropolitan Tea Company

The mighty Maple Tree provides us with a most unique syrup-coveted by many as he finest flavor in the world. Early settlers to North America’s shores were shown by the Indians how to make maple syrup and to this day the process remains virtually unchanged. This premium tea captures the fine flavour and spirt of the Maple Tree.

About Metropolitan Tea Company View company

Purchased this one at the tea meet in Victoria yesterday. :) Mine is loose-leaf.

It’s a nice black tea, but the maple flavour is really mild. I was hoping for a stronger maple flavour. Oh well. The tea has a good black base, takes a little milk and sugar well, and I will definitely drink it all. It’s not likely I will repurchase, though.

1 heaping tsp in 12 oz water. (I couldn’t find brewing instructions on this one. Hmm.)

Chizakura

Haha, darn. I got all excited when I saw this note hoping for an end all maple flavored black tea. I’m an absolute FIEND when it comes to maple. FIEND. xD

OMGsrsly

Sorry! I don’t know if the store doesn’t have great turnover so it’s a little old, or if the tea just isn’t very mapley. Do you have any recommendations for decent maple black teas?

Karys

Have you tried Steam’s maple black?

Kittenna

I think I ordered one or two maple blacks from Tealux recently – will try to drink and log them asap so you know if they’re good or not!

OMGsrsly

Oh, thanks Karys! I hadn’t realized they have a Maple Black. I’ll have to check it out.

And thanks, Kittenna. I’d love to know what you think of them. I want to make another Tealux order this summer sometime… :)

Never tried this from the bagged tea box, mine is from a large vacuum sealed plastic bag (and is Orange Pekoe grade loose leaf).

Smelling the dry tea leaves, it reminded me of a root beer float (doesn’t taste like it though).
I found this to be a nice flavored black tea. I thought it might be a bit too sugary but that wasn’t the case. It has a subtle maple flavor and the black tea (which is from Sri Lanka) itself mixes very well with it. The black tea isn’t too bitter or sharp tasting. Sweet enough by itself, you shouldn’t need to add anything extra to it.

The other tea reviewers mentioned a dry feeling at the back of your throat. I sort of get that, but it doesn’t seem too bad. Maybe it has something to do with the bagged version?

Surprise! Maple syrup taste is found in this black tea…it is best straight, I tried it with milk and I prefer it plain. Not too shabby.

It’s not a tea that I can get used to. That’s not to say that I don’t like it, it’s just not what I expect from a tea!

This has a very sweet smell, sickly and sweet. Luckily it doesn’t taste so sweet, although it is sweet compared to most teas.

In the taste, the ceylon tea balances out the sweetness of the maple, and they are probably in about the right balance. But somehow the two flavours don’t quite mesh together.

I have enjoyed it, but I can’t say that it stands out as being my favourite tea – just as being a bit interesting and a bit different. Worth a try, but do like I did, and get a pack of a dozen bags, not a hundred!

It leaves a dry cracking feeling at the back of my throat. I have to drink water and still I can’t get rid of it. It has a weird smell and doesn’t taste like maple.

Fairly smooth and buttery. A little dry on the back of the throat, but not a bad bagged tea.

Super sweet! I added some lemon and it made it divine…