Green Rooibos Tea

Herbaceous, Sweet
Bulk
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by rosebudmelissa

2 Images

From Mountain Rose Herbs

Mountain Rose Herbs
www.mountainroseherbs.com

Handcrafted Organic Goodness
This little box contains the world’s yummiest organic tea!
All of our delicious teas are handcrafted by herb-loving artisans here in Eugene, Oregon, from writing recipes and blending herbs to assembly and packaging, our beautiful teas are created by their inspired hands.

All of the organic ingredients found in our line of teas are certified organic by Oregon Tilth. We will never use herbs that are conveniently grown with synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, or ecologically harmful chemicals. Farming methods which utilize these methods have damaging consequences to our communities, wildlife, watersheds and livelihoods, and Mountain Rose Herbs will not take part in supporting such a system.

By sipping this tea, you are supporting organic agriculture one cup at a time.

Green Rooibos Tea
Contains: A smooth, unfermented Rooibos with a subtle herb flavor and high in antioxidants. Hearty and less sweet than red rooibos tea. This amber-hued brew is suitable for all ages. Caffeine free. Certified Kosher by Earth Kosher Fair Trade Certified by IMO.
Instruction for a blissful cup:
Enjoy the healing properties of our organic tea by following these recommended instructions.
Herbal Teas:
Fill your favorite infuser with 1 tsp of loose leaf tea; place tea-filled infuser into a 6-10 oz mug. Pour gently simmering water over the fresh loose-leaf tea. Steep for 3 to 5 minutes. Lift your infuser to strain and drip any excess goodness into your cup.

About Mountain Rose Herbs View company

A review of Green Rooibos Tea by Mountain Rose Herbs

Company: Mountain Rose Herbs
Tea Name: Green Rooibos
Tea Type/Varietal: green
Region: China
Steeping Vessel/Amt Leaf: cup/ loose leaf
Liquor Color: amber
Leaf Characteristic: the leaves are finely cut…tiny little shreds or pulps with hints of green tea and of the rooibos strewn in.

1. Steeping:

1st Steeping:
Water Temp: 190
Time: 3 minutes

I wanted to fix for myself a cup of this tea today and so I reopened the tea box and take one heaping teaspoon of the tea and put this in my strainer which is placed over my tea mug and I then pour the hot water over the tea.

It is a mild aroma with nothing in particular jumping at you and when I remove the strainer from my mug, the tea’s color is that golden amber with reddish hues. As I sip of the tea it is both sweetly and woodsy in an herbal sort of way. I mean it is a little grassy in the taste which is sweetened by the rooibos blend.

I like this tea as it is a satisfying cup of freshly made hand crafted tea that I did not create but instead fixing a cup of this tea for myself, I can envision the fresh herbs as the fragrant mixes in the air to tantalize my senses and palette.

2nd Steeping:
Water Temp: 200
Time: 5 minutes

I infused the second cup of tea for longer with freshly boiled water which makes for this cup of tea to be hotter than previous cup. I like my tea very hot so that I have to sip at it slowly. There is no astringency in this tea and it is not as sweet but there is still plenty of rooibos in this cup of tea.

Overall tasting notes: A smooth cup of Rooibos tea with a subtle herb flavor that is high in antioxidants and it is less sweet than a regular cup of Rooibos tea.

Classification: Year, and region of production; Product of China

Cup’s characteristic: rich in antioxidant and good for you

Liquor color: amber-hued brew

Taste: is sweetly with a mild grassy/woodsy note

I’ve tried a couple of flavored Green Rooibos teas, but this is my first time having it plain. I really enjoyed it. It has a mild herbaceous flavor and is faintly sweet. It tastes very summery to me. I will definitely be drinking this often in the future, especially since rooibos is recommended for pregnant women, and doesn’t aggravate my heartburn. I definitely prefer green rooibos to red rooibos. It has a very different flavor that I really enjoy.

Flavors: Herbaceous, Sweet