Cinnamon Chai

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by JacquelineM

From Paromi

Chai tea’s history is centuries old. Its roots are in India where today you will still find street vendors called “Chai Wallahs” selling this popular beverage. This delightful tea is enjoyed freshly brewed or with milk and honey. PAROMI’s Cinnamon Chai combines the new, exciting South African red bush called rooibos with a mosaic of luxurious spices and herbs. This full-bodied red beverage is delicious, caffeine-free, and boasts wonderful health benefits.

Ingredients: rooibos, ginger, aniseed, cardamom, red pepper, clove, vanilla, black pepper, natural flavor.

About Paromi View company

I purchased this tisane at Whole Foods since I didn’t want to leave the store without SOMEthing for my cup! Swanky packaging – a big amber glass jar filled with silken sachets – suckered me right in ;)

I prepared it like the directions stated, although when I saw the amount of stuff in the sachet I knew that I personally would find it weak if I used 12-14 oz of water per sachet as recommended, so I used 2 sachets for 20 oz of water. When I make it again, I will only use 8 oz of water because it was still a tad weak – a tad weak but a really, truly delicious tad weak :)

Yup, this stuff is good! It tastes like you would think a fancy rooibos chai that comes in a big amber glass jar would, but also like they snuck in some of Tazo’s Vanilla Rooibos. I looked, and there is vanilla in this blend, which I don’t think is traditional in most chais, and that must be the difference…and you know how I love vanilla! The thing I most liked about this was how full flavored and vibrant the spices were. Sometimes companies use not the freshest spices and the tea tastes a bit flat and musty. Not this stuff. The spices are the star of the show. You should see the gorgeous red peppercorns!

My husband also slurped it down at an alarming rate and declared it delicious, so I think we have an evening tea time winner on our hands! :)

It’s expensive ($9.99 for 15 silken sachets – this makes it more expensive than even the Tazo which I complain about!!) but for an occasional treat, I can deal. Happily? Sadly? this company has quite a few delicious sounding flavors (Chocolate Orange! Coconut Almond!) so I wouldn’t be surprised if I became entranced by the amber jar once again on a Whole Foods run.

takgoti

I’m going to have to keep an eye out for this whence next I am at the grocery mecca.

JacquelineM

Whole Paycheck! ;) I figured I was there so I got some hair dye, face cream and soap and was shocked at my total – it sure does cost a lot of money to not poison yourself with chemicals!!!

gmathis

My teenager recently observed that it’s a weird world when Twinkies cost less than fresh fruit.

JacquelineM

gmathis – it really is. Your teenager is so right. I don’t want to live in that world!!

Adham

I’ve been looking for some caffeine free tasty tisanes – sounds like these may be just right.

I was excited because I thought I had discovered a delicious tea that wasn’t in the Steepster database, but when I came here to add it I found that the lovely Ms. JacquelineM had beaten me by a few days! Harrumph!

I went to Wholefoods over the weekend to re-stock a few of my favorite teas, and my eye was quickly drawn to several rows of Paromi packaged in amber glass jars. I love finding new brands and I’m a big fan of chai, so I purchased the Paromi Cinnamon Chai.

I think the silky, tagless sachets smell like apples and my husband thinks they smell like cherry cough drops – the blend contains neither. It does have a nice mix of rooibos and spices dotted with bright red peppercorns.

I brewed my first cup according to the instructions – 1 sachet for a 12 ounce cup made with boiling water – and found it too weak for my taste but still very good. For my second cup I used 8 ounces of water and sweetened the deep red liquor with dark honey and a splash of soy milk – it was perfect. The flavors in this chai mingle well – no one spice dominates and the rooibos seems to be of a high-grade; this tea tastes expensive.

My overall impression of the Paromi brand is that it is an excellent quality product. I am definitely going to buy more of the Cinnamon Chai when this jar is done, and I’m going to pick up a few more flavors too – the Coconut Almond is calling my name.

JacquelineM

:) It’s good, isn’t it!!? I also thought Coconut Almond sounded pretty divine!

Glamorosi

Yes, the Coconut Almond and the Chocolate Orange too – I can’t wait to get them!

It smells good, and spicy. The taste reminds me of snickerdoodles. Not sure why. The flavour is a good blend of sweet and spice.

Love this chai! It is delicious either hot or cold. I drink it after supper most nights. It is simply yummy and so aromatic with the spices. The spices seem to be perfectly blended to suit my tastes. I add only a wee bit of sweetner. There is no caffeine so its perfect for the evening without keeping me awake.