Edit tea info Last updated by PeppermintPlant

• “Raining today! So I slogged out to get a cup of tea at my lunch break. I really should just get some of this for home, as I get it out often enough. Glug glug. Its a really fresh and juicy tea....” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 832 tasting notes
  • “Happy Easter! I had a cup of this delicious tea today. Perfectly delicious straight up, the currant flavor is enhanced with a drop of honey. The sweet, almost floral flavors of black currant mingle...” Read full tasting note
    Serenity1 45 tasting notes
  • “I'm having a hard time rating this tea. I made a big batch of it iced. I originally thought it was blackberry, not black currant and that it tasted like blackberry leaf, not blackberry. That...” Read full tasting note
    Gingercat 55 tasting notes
  • “The tea snobbery session started at Peet's, where my bestie and I each picked a tea, chose a third to split, and then decided to try this in the store, since we got a free cup with our purchase....” Read full tasting note
    peppermintplant 82 tasting notes

From Peet's Coffee & Tea

Indian teas flavored with the essence of black currants. Sweet and fruity.

This blend of black teas flavored with black currant is many people’s first introduction to Peet’s teas. The flavor is sweet and fruity, without any of the artificial notes that are commonplace with flavored teas. Black Currant makes a refreshing iced tea as well as hot.

About Peet's Coffee & Tea View company

Raining today! So I slogged out to get a cup of tea at my lunch break.
Its a really fresh and juicy tea. Good stuff.

Happy Easter! I had a cup of this delicious tea today. Perfectly delicious straight up, the currant flavor is enhanced with a drop of honey. The sweet, almost floral flavors of black currant mingle with the nearly citrus flavor of the tea itself, which also has a faint flavor of malty toastiness. Sip by sip, I savored this tea as the steam enveloped my face, fogging my glasses.

Josie Jade

Happy Easter! Sounds like this was the perfect cup to celebrate with. :)

Miss Starfish

Happy Easter!

I’m having a hard time rating this tea. I made a big batch of it iced. I originally thought it was blackberry, not black currant and that it tasted like blackberry leaf, not blackberry.

That said, I’m perplexed. I originally didn’t love it, so I did what any respectable girl would do and mixed in some lemonade. That made it better.

Then, I tried it again. Still not black currant, but the flavor improved after sitting in my fridge for a while.

The jury is still out on this one. It’s just odd.

The tea snobbery session started at Peet’s, where my bestie and I each picked a tea, chose a third to split, and then decided to try this in the store, since we got a free cup with our purchase.

Yum! The first thing I noticed was that if you blow on the steam, it sticks to the surface of the tea, because I’m a child. I was a little afraid the tea would be sticky, but nope. It was pretty delicious and not at all sticky. It smells great, very berryish.

The currant gives it a nice, jammy flavor. The tea is strong enough to taste, but doesn’t horn in on the currant’s show at all, just gives it a nice base to work off of. It’s very sweet, as promised — no extra sweetener is needed — but it did taste a tiiiiny bit artificial toward the end of the cup, just the last sip or two. Not the greatest end.

Even so, it was pretty good and I was kind of wishing we’d gotten some of that, too, as we left. (And we ended up splitting all three teas because we decided we wanted to try them all.)

Black Currant – a good friend after a lil too much Friday night fun.