Canadian Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Elizabeth Jane

From Red Rose

Product description not available yet.

About Red Rose View company

Although I enjoy tea in both loose and bagged forms, I never thought I would buy Red Rose. I tried the regular Red Rose before, and it was pretty bad. Colored hot water seems to be as descriptive as I can get. Well, when I saw the Canadian Breakfast version at the supermarket, the name kinda grabbed my interest and I thought I should try it. When I opened the package, I was actually surprised with the amount of tea in each bag, and I liked that because I like my bagged teas to be strong. After it finished steeping, the colour of the liquor was a dark red, and it seemed only promising. After I added milk and sugar as I always do with bagged teas, I took a sip and was met with nothing but disappointment. The flavour is seriously lacking in strength, and whatever you can still taste is pretty one-dimensional. It was a sad letdown. It ain’t a Canadian Breakfast, but more like a watered-down English Breakfast.

Sad to say, I don’t like ordinary Red Rose because it tastes a bit ‘woody’ and flat in flavour. However, RR Canadian Breakfast has more ‘flowery’ or ‘fruity’ flavour and a nice sweetish finish. I love this blend. Some have said it tastes like PG Tips, but I wouldn’t know. I like stronger teas like the Tetley Strong or Dilmah Strong Tea. RR’s Canadian Breakfast is both stronger and sweeter than the ordinary RR.