White Tea Rose Mélange

Herbal White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Saint Joseph

• “this was a sample from ShortSorceress, thank you very much. i have a few gaps in my tea repertoire-- white teas is one of those. i have discovered as i navigate the curve that while i usually...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes
  • “So soothing... lovely! :) Today was my first time trying this tea! I think it would go really well WITH MIDDLE EASTERN FOOD! I'm craving now... Next meal: Babaghannoj, Foule, Hummus, Chicken...” Read full tasting note
    OhCha 84 tasting notes
  • “For having so many roses in this, this is surprisingly minty, though not overwhelmingly so. It's pretty, just like the leaves. Smells minty but soft. Taste-wise, it's soft and a little minty and...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “Courtesy of Erin! The leaves are very pretty. Opening the bag, I loved the smell. It reminded me of the acacia/rose gum I used to love as a kid. Mint stands out when steeped, but the floral notes...” Read full tasting note
    gander 47 tasting notes

From Rishi Tea

A blend of jasmine and wild rose scented white teas infused with rejuvenating peppermint and calming lavender. It’s floral with a fresh minty finish.

About Rishi Tea View company

this was a sample from ShortSorceress, thank you very much.

i have a few gaps in my tea repertoire— white teas is one of those. i have discovered as i navigate the curve that while i usually inhabit a happy grey no man’s land, that in this instance i tend to be very black or white. rather unpredictably so as well.

opening the bag the unmistakable smell of tea roses was clear. tea roses, for me, have always been the most beautiful in terms of scent. the idea of a white tea with a tea rose body was an excellent thought! and then i added water.

i really can’t put on finger on what the problem was, or why it began with the water, but i can tell you what it became…. incense. as i have mentioned in passing, for the most part, if it burns then i am allergic to it. so, recognizing a very dimly familiar scent was interesting! however, as it steeped the smell became more and more intense.

i had misgivings, but i’ve been surprised by teas before, so i forged ahead— 5 sips. guilt GUILT i can go no further! liquid incense and i do not get on!

no numbers on this one, it’s my aversion to incense.

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Unfortunately a lot of floral teas remind of incense or potpourrie, which I also am allergic too. Butiki’s Rose Violet Calendula gave me hope though that there are floral teas for me. As to white tea, I’ve quiite enjoyed trying them straight.

JustJames

the rose violet calendula was not an incense tea for me either, but while it was expertly put together it just wasn’t the right blend for me =0(

So soothing… lovely! :)
Today was my first time trying this tea!

I think it would go really well WITH MIDDLE EASTERN FOOD! I’m craving now…

Next meal: Babaghannoj, Foule, Hummus, Chicken Kabobs, a Rosewater Lemonade, and WHITE TEA ROSE MELANGE. And maybe a hookah. Reeeeeally craving now…

…Sheesh, you’d swear I was pregnant. But no hookah if I was pregnant. WHICH I’M NOT. :)

Cynthia Carter

Don’t forget the rose flavored Turkish Delight!

Jillian

Oh jeez, that sounds delicious! I’m eating pomegranate seeds right now, which is as close as I’m likely to get to anything that good. :D

LENA

Yay, I can make all of the food you mentioned! I’m half Syrian so you’re talking right up my alley. And umm….my three pipe hookah is in the attic. (shhh)

Oh Cha!

FIRSTLY… I LOVE Turkish Delight!
SECONDLY… Lena… you are welcome to send me recipes anytime!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cofftea

How about making lemonade w/ this instead of water? That’d be even more healthy than rose water lemonade!:)

Oh Cha!

That’s an AWESOME idea! I’m gonna pull out a hario pitcher, and buy some lemonade and give that a try…

Cofftea

Just use bottled lemon juice. There’s a recipe right on the bottle. That’s SO much healthier! and I normally do it unsweetened but if I do sweeten it, I use stevia.

Cofftea

Fava Tea Co. has this and Rishi’s Wild Rose almost 50% off! It’s expensive, but so good! I was going to wait til summer… but…

For having so many roses in this, this is surprisingly minty, though not overwhelmingly so. It’s pretty, just like the leaves. Smells minty but soft.

Taste-wise, it’s soft and a little minty and a little floral. Not overly complex but things blend nicely and there’s a good fresh mint flavor left in my mouth after each sip. I definitely prefer this softer mint flavor than something that is so overwhelmingly mint. I enjoy the softness created by the jasmine and rose (though I can pick out the rose a little more but maybe that’s only because I can see the roses in the dry leaf). Sometimes I get tartness from things with mint in it – like an aftertaste of cooked greens. But this one doesn’t have that and I appreciate that.

Shared some with the husband – he’s been craving mint lately – and he gives it “a high 4, maybe even a 5” star rating (of 5) saying that it’s smooth with a minty, flowery smell and a nice, creamy mint taste.

teaplz

This has SO many flavors in one. Interesting! I’m kind of curious how sweet and mint go together. I guess I’ll have to try the Vanilla Mint in the GM box to find out!

Auggy

Even though there are lots of things put into this, the florals all combine into one big ole taste that gives a softness that verges on creamy and the mint gives a nice “whuaa” feeling… and honestly, not tasting all that much tea-ness in it. I think it is there because the floral and mint aren’t that overpowering but I just don’t have enough experience with whites to pick it out. But yeah, lots of flavors!

Jillian

Is ‘whuaa’ a new official tea tasting term? ;)

Auggy

Haha! I seriously spent at least three minutes trying to figure out how to spell that minty feeling I get in my mouth – like I’m emanating mint tinglies. That’s as close as I could get (and the hubby was looking at me like I was nuts, so I had to stop).

takgoti

I’m not usually a huge fan of rose tea, but I think I could get on board with this one because of the mint. Picture’s gorgeous, too. [Because that’s important.]

Also, I love how this has evolved into Auggy + sometimes DH’s thoughts.

Courtesy of Erin! The leaves are very pretty. Opening the bag, I loved the smell. It reminded me of the acacia/rose gum I used to love as a kid. Mint stands out when steeped, but the floral notes are definitely there. I added a tiny bit of sugar for faint sweetness and it made a relaxing cup. Not my everyday tea, but I can see myself enjoying this occasionally when I want something light and aromatic.

SoccerMom

Wow that tea does look pretty (from Rishi’s pic) looks Easter y! Hmmmm…

2019 tasting notes

I am absolutely shocked that I haven’t reviewed this yet. This is probably one of my all time favorite teas, I love it so much that I bought a half pound of it with my last Rishi order. Up until I discovered Della Terra I drank this tea every day and have for almost five years now. I’m sad to say that its been over a month since I’ve had a cup and once I realized that, I had to make some for my last cup of the day.

I discovered this tea at a coffee shop in Madison when my husband first moved up here for work and just haven’t been able to get enough of it. I was shocked to find such a gem hidden away in a coffee shop. It really is one of the best rose teas I’ve ever had. Added benefit for me: Rishi is a local company in Milwaukee, WI and I love supporting local businesses whenever I can so Rishi now gets the bulk of my tea orders.

This is a tea that really wants you to follow the brewing guidelines. I’ve been lazy in the past and tried to brew it at 195 since that is the setting on my Zojirushi, but that makes the tea bitter. This is a blend of white and jasmine green tea and it’s very easy scald the tea leaves with water that is too hot.

This isn’t overwhelmingly minty, but you definitely taste the mint first and the rose second, followed up by the jasmine. I normally drink this hot or at room temperature, but this works surprisingly well iced. Another thing I love about it is that I can get 2 and sometimes 3 steeps out of it. The third steep usually ends up pretty mellow, but no less tasty than the first.

This is a bit too minty for my liking, but that could be a good thing for people who like teas with a whole lot of mint. I can hardly taste the flowers at all; it honestly just tastes like my peppermint tea from Adagio. It will be good for an evening tea, I suppose, but I won’t be drinking this too often.

This is the best tea I’ve ever had!!!
I was SO disappointed when I went to Alterra Coffee today to buy some, and see that they’ve stopped selling it. Now I’ll need to order it online. It is the most refreshing, beautifully scented experience. Please never stop making this!

way too minty! cute whole little roses i have fun squashing tho… wish it was more flroal and less minty. ALso more white tea-y, i could see a few needles it looked like but also alot of green tea

A nice mint with other flavor I can’t place (I can see it being either the rose or lavender) but there is a slight harshness at the end.

Very pleasant, exactly as described. The mint is perfect – gentle and sweet, not overwhelming.