Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “1 tea bag in a random amount of water at a random temp for a random amount of time during Bible Study this morning. A stronger green tea, not light like a lot of loose leaf I drink. Definitely not...” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes
  • “backlogging. Had three cups of this at my grandma-in-law's over the weekend. I'm always surprised by this tea when she serves it. I don't expect much but then really enjoy the cup!” Read full tasting note
    laurenpressley 796 tasting notes
  • “Sample number four dealt with. I can't remember where this one came from, but I've had it for ages because... generic green tea in an ordinary bag. There's something not super-tempting about that....” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1260 tasting notes
  • “I got this one from TeaEqualsBliss, it's not Evil!Tazo Sweet Orange bad, but it's not great either. It has almost a dusty sort of taste to it and it has a bit of a perfumy note that makes me think...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1574 tasting notes

From Salada

From the lush tea gardens of the Orient, Salada Green Tea is a fine quality blend which continues in the ancient Orient tradition. Unlike other teas, green tea leaves are steamed rather than oxidized to create a distinctly different tea type. Once brewed, Salada Green Tea produces a delicately smooth flavor and a natural sweetness all its own. 100% green tea

About Salada View company

1 tea bag in a random amount of water at a random temp for a random amount of time during Bible Study this morning. A stronger green tea, not light like a lot of loose leaf I drink. Definitely not a bad tea… and ABSOLUTELY better than no tea at all. I’m getting some lemon notes which is interesting.

LiberTEAS

For a bagged tea, the Salada teas are not too bad. Not too bad…

Cofftea

My mom has these she drinks occasionally. I almost took a double take when I tasted lemon.

gmathis

Mother-in-law, who’s not particularly discriminating, thought these were great when I got her a couple boxes for stocking stuffers.

Cofftea

They shocked me- I’ll gladly drink this next Sunday.

backlogging. Had three cups of this at my grandma-in-law’s over the weekend. I’m always surprised by this tea when she serves it. I don’t expect much but then really enjoy the cup!

gmathis

My M-I-L, who is NOT a tea person at all, does a cup of green tea in the mornings, and went on and on about how good this was (stocking stuffer last Christmas … and probably now this Christmas too!)

LiberTEAS

For bagged tea, I quite enjoy Salada’s offerings.

Stephanie

I’m surprised on how drinkable this is too! Even the decaf version!

laurenpressley

I’m glad I’m not alone on this one!! :)

Sample number four dealt with. I can’t remember where this one came from, but I’ve had it for ages because… generic green tea in an ordinary bag. There’s something not super-tempting about that. But I suppose that’s exactly what this sort of week is for, isn’t it?

I hadn’t even bothered to look it up on Steepster and put it in my cupboard, it seems. Only reason I’m even posting about it, is because I found it when I looked it up to see if it would require removing from cupboard or not, and since it was here, it seemed silly not leave a little note on it.

If you have never had green tea before in your life and decide to try it for the first time, DON’T pick this one as your first attempt. This tastes nothing like real green tea. It’s slightly bitter and with a sort of generic flavour that isn’t really anything other than NOT black, if you get my meaning there. It tastes a bit minty which I suspect is aroma contamination and rather like paper which can only be bag contamination.

It’s not unbearably bad, it’s completely drinkable. It’s just not something that will be very recognisable as green tea if you don’t know that’s what you’re supposedly having.

I got this one from TeaEqualsBliss, it’s not Evil!Tazo Sweet Orange bad, but it’s not great either. It has almost a dusty sort of taste to it and it has a bit of a perfumy note that makes me think of jasmine tea – but not quite. It’s like the flavour goes halfway to a proper jasmin taste and then quits.

AmazonV

So it’s a lazy slacker tea?

__Morgana__

Lol AmazonV.

Now that I am back in school, I have to get used to water heating methods. At lunch, we have a hot water spicket that we get hot water out of and the temperature is normally too hot for green tea. So, I got some and waited about two minutes for the water to cool and then put my tea bag in for about three minutes.

I’m not sure if it is because I have been drinking a lot of blacks and herbals that my green tasted funny. I think I should have the water cooled a little longer. I will try that for next time.

I’ll have a hard time getting my temperature right with my new kettle too because I am not entirely used to it yet. But I want my green tea and I am determined to learn how to make a good cup here at school.

Tea is a delicately smooth flavor and a natural sweetness all its own, as this is good since I like my teas with nothing in it.

This tea is much weaker than other Green teas I have enjoyed.

A pretty good tea though it tasted more like a nutty oolong than a green.

kind of middle range green tea. Good for when I don’t have the time to pay as much attention to my tea as I’d like to. So this is a great tea to take to work with me for during the day.

I love this tea. I recently decided to start drinking tea, especially green tea. I bought several different brands of green tea to try. Most had a bitter aftertaste, especially if you didn’t watch how hot the water was and/or left the tea bag in longer than 2 minutes. Not Salada green tea, I don’t have to worry about how hot the water is or sit like a mother hen over my cup while steeping. I was surprised as this tea was much less expensive compared to all the others that I tried. Thanks, Salada!

A bit bitter, and pretty weak too. I’ve had this tea for a while and I never drink it. I was hesitant to even try any other kind of green tea until I had Japanese Green Tea. This pales so much in comparison! It probably could be doctored, I suppose. Either way I won’t be drinking it again. Maybe I’m just not a green tea person.