Brick Aged White Tea

Pu-erh White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Shang Tea

• “On a cloudy summer eve here in Kansas City, we are sipping on this tea which is one of our newest additions in the shop. Six years ago, our owner Shang pressed tea bricks with white tea from the da...” Read full tasting note
    shangtea 2 tasting notes
  • “I went for a long walk tonight that happened to take me by the Crown Center, once at crown center my little legs couldn't help but make a stop by Shang's. I mean they did move to the first floor...” Read full tasting note
    Teatiff 405 tasting notes
  • “The mail lady was putting my box from Shang on my porch when I got home today. I had to try this straight away, and I'm impressed :-) The whites I've tried lately are so boring. This one has nice...” Read full tasting note
    Saradiann 48 tasting notes

From Shang Tea

Brick aged white tea is a relatively new style of processing in China. For this tea, we first started by aging our 2007 white peony king for one year. At the end of the year, the leaves were steamed to make them pliable and then pressed into cakes. These cakes were then stored at about 40-60% humidity to encourage the good bacteria to slowly ferment the fresh tea leaves. Over the past 5 years, these bricks have been aging, bringing on a nice woodsy, earthy quality to them with that smooth finish that you have come to expect from our teas. We broke up the brick tea into a loose leaf form to make it easier to enjoy, but we will also have the brick available shortly so keep checking back every once in awhile!

About Shang Tea View company

On a cloudy summer eve here in Kansas City, we are sipping on this tea which is one of our newest additions in the shop. Six years ago, our owner Shang pressed tea bricks with white tea from the da bai/da hao cultivars of the tea plant (the traditional white tea cultivars), and they have been slowly aging and developing some nice earthy undertones with the smooth finish that you have come to expect from our teas.

The process for making this tea is very similar to a sheng or raw puerh except that we use the white tea varietals to process this tea. We are really enjoying it here in the shop, so give it a shot if you enjoy pu-erh and are looking for something different to try.

I went for a long walk tonight that happened to take me by the Crown Center, once at crown center my little legs couldn’t help but make a stop by Shang’s. I mean they did move to the first floor and all so I didn’t even have to climb 3 flights of stairs:) Once in the store there was no hope. I had to make a purchase.

This tea is one I had seen recently on the web site that caught my eye. I have recently been trying more sheng and white teas so this seemed like a fun one to try. Boy am I glad I picked up an ounce of this. This tea is really sweet. There are lots of hints of honey. There is a slight tang, and hints of clementines. This tea is so smooth. There is something else in there but I can’t tell you what. I guess I will just have to have another cup!

Yeah to more Shang tea. I am so blessed to have such great tea in my backyard!

boychik

You are so lucky. I would be there every week

TeaTiff

I am glad that it is a far enough walk that it takes some thought and that it is not on my way to anywhere, otherwise I would really be in their every week.

The mail lady was putting my box from Shang on my porch when I got home today. I had to try this straight away, and I’m impressed :-)
The whites I’ve tried lately are so boring. This one has nice flavor, and the liquid is more like black tea. I brewed it for 2 minutes in my new lucky baby kungfu cup.
I can’t really describe the taste, but I love it!

Shang Tea

We’re so glad you enjoyed the tea and your lucky baby cup, thanks Saradiann!

Saradiann

Shang, you are a great business. I’m glad you’re present on steepster.

Shang Tea

Thank you Saradiann! We are always striving to provide the best products and best service so we’re always happy when we get comments like this. Please let me know if you ever have any other questions or feedback for us, and we’re so happy you’re enjoying the tea :)