Toasted Nut Cafe Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

• “I'm always excited to try anything new S&V puts out! This is one of those teas! I can see the almonds and coffee beans! Cool! It smells like almonds and peanuts and a little bit of cocoa...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I was a little nervous about this tea, but excited too. Especially after smelling it - it smells like coffee and almonds. As I've mentioned before, I have had a bad history when it comes to...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4405 tasting notes
  • “I'm not a big coffee drinker, but I do drink it on occasion. I got curious as to what a coffee-flavored tea might be like, so I ordered some. There's a lot of big pieces of almond in the blend....” Read full tasting note
    Orphia 31 tasting notes

From Simpson & Vail

For some people, desserts can only be served with coffee. For others, desserts and tea are perfectly complementary. With our Toasted Nut Café you don’t have to be one or the other! This blend combines black tea, almonds, coffee beans and flavors to produce a hearty cup that has a toasty coffee flavor. The black tea flavor comes through with the coffee and toasted nut flavors as an aftertaste. A perfect beverage to accompany a wide range of sweets: truffles, tortes, pies, cakes and more. Or enjoy as is or with a little sweetener and a dollop of cream.

Ingredients: Black Indian tea, sliced almonds, Colombian coffee beans and flavors.

Brew tea at 212º – steep for 3 minutes.

Certified Kosher

About Simpson & Vail View company

I’m always excited to try anything new S&V puts out! This is one of those teas!

I can see the almonds and coffee beans! Cool!

It smells like almonds and peanuts and a little bit of cocoa powder, perhaps???

The flavor is out of this world! It has a lot going on and I like that!

First…I can taste that bold coffee bean! Then I can taste the nuts! Then the black tea paired with something like powdered sugar, almost. The after taste is a little reminiscent of Almond Biscotti WHILE you’re drinking a cup of coffee! WOW! What a flavor combo! Very neat!

I was a little nervous about this tea, but excited too. Especially after smelling it – it smells like coffee and almonds. As I’ve mentioned before, I have had a bad history when it comes to coffee, which is why I switched to tea. I’m really glad that I did switch, because I now love tea more than I ever loved coffee (I would have never gone to a “Brewster” site that embraces coffee the way we embrace tea here at Steepster!)

So, when I smelled the coffee, the first thought that went through my mind was ‘Yum’ – because even though I love tea, there are times when I miss that warm, delicious smell (and taste) of coffee – and then I worried that this might make me sick the way that coffee did. Let’s hope not.

The flavor is wonderful! I do taste the coffee, it is bold and rich, and I taste the almond. But I also taste the black tea in there too. It’s really quite a delicious blend. Very robust, hints of bitterness, and a delicious sweetness too. Nice contrasts throughout.

It’s still too early to determine whether or not I’ll feel ill from this… but for the moment, I’m actually really enjoying it. I’ll rate it later once I’ve been able to ascertain whether or not it affects me adversely.

Azzrian

Oh just wow this sounds AMAZING! I do still enjoy a deep rich coffee and toasted nut is a favorite of mine! I will have to put this on THE LIST lol

LiberTEAS

As it cools, this tastes more and more like coffee. But even smoother, a little less bitter… and sweeter… like coffee-ish tea, which is what it is.

Azzrian

Love it! Can’t wait to grab some! Thanks LiberTEAS for reviewing this one!

I’m not a big coffee drinker, but I do drink it on occasion. I got curious as to what a coffee-flavored tea might be like, so I ordered some. There’s a lot of big pieces of almond in the blend. Not so many coffee beans, but that could just be my bag.

It certainly smells like coffee. It tastes like it too, in that’s what I’m primarily getting. Not so much the almond, but I suppose it’s because I was expecting a sweeter almond flavor like most almond-flavored things have. It’s something I’d drink in the morning really, or when I want coffee flavor without the jitters that strong coffee gives me.