Night In Rio

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by T by Daniel

From T by Daniel

Rrrreeeeeeeeba! Although we still don’t know what
that means… We do know that you’re going to be
mesmerized with this caffeine free herbal blend of
Blackberry leaves, black current leaves, apple chunks,
Candied pineapple, bean peels, candied papaya, citric
acid, pineapple chips, safflower petals and natural
flavor. Just like the colours on a parrot or a night in
Rio, there’s a lot to explore!

About T by Daniel View company

Mmmmm this is a happy herbal tea for me. Kittenna/Raritea if you hate this, just send the rest back my way haha Something about the blend of this one really works for me. it’s a juicy cup of tea..pineapple, papaya…blackberry…i like this one a bunch!

Sipdown (125)!

Thank you MissB for the tea, and all you lovely Ontarians, Kittenna especially, for getting it to me.

Even wrapped in tinfoil this one still manages to make its presence known. It’s very, very aromatic with a really ripe papaya/mango smell accented by a bouquet of citrus notes. To me, it seemed obvious that the best way to prepare this one would be cold brewed.

After a long, probably close to twenty hour, soak I strained the leaves for this one and sat down to enjoy it. Taste wise it was very strong and lively with many fruit notes contributing to what was, overall, and explosion of tropical flavours in my mouth. Impressively, what was most present to me was the papaya. And I say impressively because papaya has a relatively mild flavour to begin with: it’s almost like watermelon in how watered down the taste can be. This was very concentrated and lovely. And following that powerful papaya flavour was the almost equally strong duo of pineapple and mango. Something about those two flavours matched together can make almost anything they’re in undeniably, almost over the top tropical tasting.

This one also has sweet blackberry leaves in it; personally I associate sweet blackberry leaves with a very rich “from concentrate”/puree type flavour. To further clarify, I think that whenever they’re added to a blend they don’t necessarily have their own flavour but they amplify the flavours of everything else in a blend ten fold. DAVIDsTEA also likes to use them in their herbal blends: Pink Passionfruit and Sweet Apple Cider both immediately come to mind. They just an a relatively “over the top” vibe to tea that I really like.

tl;dr If it wasn’t obvious, I was really happy with this tea and very impressed overall!

Kittenna

I’m super behind on tasting notes, but this is actually a tea from the Toronto Tea Festival that Raritea, Sil and I split. I thought you’d like it (and I was meh about it), so I gave you some of my share before passing the rest on to Raritea. So if you ever want more of this, it might be possible :P

Final tea of the split ones we picked up at the Tea Festival. This one is actually not a blend I’ve had before, so I have a much more favourable opinion of it. Basically, it tastes like a fruity pineapple juice. Which is pretty tasty, though not my favourite flavour combo. I see that Sil rather liked this one, though, so I’m going to call this a sipdown (976), and she and Raritea can have the rest.