Morning Red

Edit tea info Last updated by Memily

From T2

An energy-fueled full-bodied brekky brew that will flush away sleepy inclinations and set you straight for the day ahead. Hints of melted chocolate and toasted grain blended with a black is a breakfast of champions, and irresistibly moorish, so just you try to stop at one cup. Mornings have never tasted so good.

About T2 View company

This was recommended to me by the staff in T2 as an alternative to a breakfast tea. For a breakfast tea, my preference is to drink it strong, with a little milk, and I tend to drink crushed/small leaf tea to get the strength. Although I like smokey teas, I tend to avoid having them with milk because they aren’t strong enough in my opinion.
This has a slightly larger leaf, but it strikes a good balance and is quite good with milk. It’s a little smokey because of the keemun in it, and I guess the assam gives it the strength to be a breakfast tea.
I wouldn’t have it all the time, but it makes a nice change and I’d say I’m a fan overall.

Sipdown! I needed a good, strong cup of tea to drink while working on my PhD proposal, and this fit the bill perfectly. There are other strong blacks that are just as good, so I won’t miss this one too much, but I’m glad to have had the chance to try it all the same. Many thanks to Memily for sharing with me!

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

Good luck on the proposal!

WHEE I went to sleep at 5am and woke up at 11am and drank a whole pot of this tea. Good job, self. You’re an adult.

This is best drunk when brewed from a large pot of tea. The true delight comes from multiple cups in the one sitting. The flavours slowly come through richer and stronger the more you drink. If you’re in a funk, a pot of this to yourself and you’ll be right as rain in no time.