Morning Red

Edit tea info Last updated by Memily

From T2

An energy-fueled full-bodied brekky brew that will flush away sleepy inclinations and set you straight for the day ahead. Hints of melted chocolate and toasted grain blended with a black is a breakfast of champions, and irresistibly moorish, so just you try to stop at one cup. Mornings have never tasted so good.

About T2 View company

A sample from Memily. This is a bold cup if ever there was one! For some reason, I was thinking this one was going to be like MF Marco Polo…I think the “red” in the name was making me think of strawberry syrup! Perhaps fortunately, it’s nothing like that.

It’s a black tea, and it’s sweetly malty with a strong grain edge. It reminds me slightly of Butiki’s Crimson Horizon, or 52 Teas RadioactiviTEA, although this one has a more lingering taste. It’s like I can smell it just as much as I can taste it when I take a sip. There’s a lovely dark cocoa/chocolate note, maybe the tiniest hint of smoke. I can see this one being really nice with cream just to smooth the edges a little, so that’s something to try later! Surprisingly, there’s no astringency at all. It’s a little rough, but I can tolerate that. This would be a brilliant morning cup — it may have to come to work with me on Saturday to get me up and running. Boo for 6 day weeks!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

A big cup of this in bed this morning with a dash of sugar and cream means who needs coffee to start the day today? Not me! Ah, I love late shift.

This is best drunk when brewed from a large pot of tea. The true delight comes from multiple cups in the one sitting. The flavours slowly come through richer and stronger the more you drink. If you’re in a funk, a pot of this to yourself and you’ll be right as rain in no time.