Southern Sunrise

Fruit Tea
Apple, Blackberry, Citrus, Citrus Fruits, Citrus Zest, Grapefruit, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Sweet, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Memily

From T2

White hibiscus, lemongrass and grapefruit bring this fruity brew to life. Inspired by an Australian summer, this sunny tisane with its tantalising aroma will brighten any mood or morning. Perfect served hot, or chilled with ice, fresh oranges and lemon slices.

About T2 View company

MWAHAHAHAHAHA I CAN DRINK THE REST OF MY SUNRISE SUPPLY BECAUSE IT’S BEEN ADDED TO THE REGULAR T2 STABLE! TODAY IS THE BEST DAY!

sharoninez

Yay! Me too! I was hoarding it before! victory dance

Memily

And would you believe I just placed an order the other day and forgot to order some? Hahahaha. Though I do still have some in my hoarding stash!

I know a lot of people who drink Southern Sunrise as a hot tea but I, personally, enjoy it iced! This tasting note will therefore be based on this tea being prepared iced.

This tea is perfect iced either on its own or as a blend. My favourite iced blend using this tea is – Southern Sunrise, Pumping Pomegranate, fresh lime and honey! It is so tasty!

Southern Sunrise has zesty, refreshing flavours and tastes soo good! To make this iced I use double the amount of tea. As this is actually a tisane and not a tea you can brew it for as long as you like! If I am making a small jug or just a cup I would brew it for a minimum of 5 minutes. Otherwise, If I’m making a big jug I may even brew it overnight and make it into a concentrate. Either way – its tasty!

Flavors: Apple, Blackberry, Citrus, Citrus Fruits, Citrus Zest, Grapefruit, Hibiscus, Lemongrass

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

A fairly pleasant fruit tisane, albeit enhanced with artificial flavouring (as T2 does with almost all of their flavoured teas). Very citrus-y with strong grapefruit and lime flavours. This is tasy iced and also quite nice hot.

Flavors: Citrus Fruits, Citrus Zest, Grapefruit, Sweet

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

A sample from Memily! I LOVE this. I knew from the scent while it brewed that I would love it, and I absolutely do. It’s grapefruit! An actual accurate-tasting grapefruit tea, which is slightly sour and slightly bitter and slightly sweet all at once. I’d say white grapefruit, with a hint of lemon, and it’s a combination that works really well. The hibiscus adds a tiny tart sweetness, which takes the edge off just a little, and probably stops this one from tipping over into the realm of too sharp. As it is, it’s perfect.

I gave 1 tsp of leaf 5 minutes in boiling water, no additions. I could add a piece of crystal sugar to this one, I suppose, but it honestly doesn’t need it. It’s perfect just as it is. Very fresh tasting, juicy, and absolutely refreshing. It’s one of the nicest fruit/herbal blends I’ve tried in a long, long time. I may have to hoard the rest of my sample. Thanks again to Memily for sharing this with me! It’s an amazingly gorgeous wonder-tea!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
cathy-zheng

My favourite herbal ever. Also amazing iced!

Amazinggg iced tea. I’m a sucker for anything grapefruit and lemongrass.
Pretty good hot too, even though I don’t usually like warm fruit in anything.
One time, I walked into T2 and they had a big iced jug of half Southern Sunrise and half Turkish Apple (the sugary one).
Went home and made some with Turkish Apple too (from Adore Tea) and the only thing I could do all day long was sit in the kitchen with a smile and repeatedly pour myself another glass.

2 tsp 15 OZ / 450 ML

Hot or iced this is one tea that is perfect either way. It also holds up well to blending. The grapefruit does shine through as does the lemongrass. The little sample box had me running back for the larger packet. Is my number 2 pick after my beloved Arctic Fire.

Love, love, love this tea. I did find however that drinking more than 2 cups a day caused on increase in reflux. Had the same effect on my sister.

Also need to watch certain medications with this tea due to its grapefruit content (so the T2 salesperson told me).

I do love a good tisane in the morning. This is such a refreshing brew, and makes a great way to start the day! It’s also delicious as an iced tea – add fresh apple to soak up the flavours. Yum!