Cinnamon Somersault

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Cinnamon, Spicy, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Memily

From T2

This tisane is fast paced and complex, with cinnamon, orange and ginger. You’ll be somersaulting in no time.

About T2 View company

Ok. It breaks my heart to do this, but I have to adjust my rating for (and my obsession with) Cinnamon Somersault based on the rejigged formula for 2014.

It’s just… not what it used to be.

It’s not worse (well—I guess based on my ratings I think it is, but still, it’s not BAD) but it’s different. The orange is gone from the mention, and replaced by nondescript “flavours” and what I’d even call a bit of a spicy kick to the palate.

It’s still interesting but it’s not the tisane I fell in love with. But that’s good, because it means I’m able to continue weaning off T2.

One blend at a time.

That’s how I got off Teavana, one tea at a time. If they ever brought back two of my discontinued favorites, I might have to consider a momentary relapse tho. Always a bummer to have a favorite changed or taken away.

I didn’t mind being addicted to T2 when it was a lovely grassroots independent Aussie company! Now it’s owned by a Big Bad, I’m far less inclined.

Did they sell/get bought out? Are there many options for Aussie grown teas?

Yes, they’re now a part of Unilever :( there are a whole bunch of lovely local Aussie options but my task is uncovering them at the moment! T2’s definitely the most prolific. I’m having fun with Monstrositea’s tea subscription as it’s doing a lot of the uncovering for me, which is nice :)

I don’t know why its got such a bad rap, but I’m obsessed with this tea. It’s perfect for winter and has helped curb my sugar cravings. Very spicy with no caffeine!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Spicy

This was weird, and I didn’t care for it. I couldn’t figure it out at the time, but I guess it was the orange zest that threw it off? That or the cinnamon itself. Either way, even with milk I couldn’t finish it. Sorry! VariaTea!

Haha don’t be sorry. I wasn’t a fan either. I was hoping you would have better luck with it but clearly that’s wasn’t the case. I am sorry you couldn’t get through it.

Thank you Memily for sharing but this is not for me. It has a very strong ginger quality combined with a sweet cinnamon flavor and the two are just not blending well. I wonder if Sil has tried this as I know she is a ginger fan. Perhaps I will pass along the rest of the sample as this really is not for me. It was still fun to try though :)

Cameron B.

Blarg ginger! :P

It can be good in some quantities but this was far too much for my tastes

Yes, it is for a specific sort of palate I think! And this year’s blend is missing the orange that (in my opinion) really tied it together :(

I could see that toning down some of the other flavors that were rather harsh. I wonder why they changed it.