Earl Grey Cream

Edit tea info Last updated by DaisyChubb

• “Creamy, delicious, smooth is how I'd describe this blend. Dried, this tea smells sweet, creamy, with a rich hit of bergamot. It is beautiful to look at with the blue mallow flowers. I tried...” Read full tasting note
    yoginiundefined 51 tasting notes
  • “Ohh maaaan youguys! So I'm visiting my mom, and I used up the rest of this for a pot for us to share. Well she went to work (she works 3 jobs) at it was 9 pm... and I drank the rest of the pot. It...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “*scribbles* sent this to me earlier in the summer and I've been saving it for once the weather cooled off a little. I don't tend to drink EG in the summer, but once fall hits I practically live on...” Read full tasting note
    shortsorceress 1862 tasting notes
  • “Well, spent a fair chunk of change today at one of my favourite tea stores in Toronto - Tealish! This was one of my purchases. I am really starting to appreciate Earl Grey Creams. Tealish's...” Read full tasting note
    Empteas20 34 tasting notes

From Tealish

A creamy, aromatic variation of our classic earl grey tea. This blend features delicious, velvety vanilla, warm, citrusy essence of bergamot, and beautiful blue mallow flowers all piled on top of a bed of premium black tea. A heavenly treat for earl grey lovers!

About Tealish View company

Creamy, delicious, smooth is how I’d describe this blend. Dried, this tea smells sweet, creamy, with a rich hit of bergamot. It is beautiful to look at with the blue mallow flowers.

I tried this black for the first cup and was so surprised at how smooth it was. Not a hint of bitterness. Bergamot was strong, but not over the top – I’d say just the right amount. And the creamy goodness. Oh so creamy and softly sweet. I decided to add a wee tip of milk and just a few grains of sugar, and that just helped to develop that vanilla-y sweetness of this brew. Served in a bone china teacup only adds to the decadence of this brew. I am very impressed and will be enjoying more of this tea.

Ohh maaaan youguys!
So I’m visiting my mom, and I used up the rest of this for a pot for us to share. Well she went to work (she works 3 jobs) at it was 9 pm… and I drank the rest of the pot. It was SO FREAKING GOOD. I haven’t made a pot of tea this good in a long long time!

And of course, I was up until 4 am.

She described it as a “tea OD”. At 3:30 am, soo tired but so pumped, I would have to agree. Beware the tea overdose! Daggg I am addicted.

Bonnie

If I was your mom I’d be hoping you were home doing Spring cleaning since you were so caffinated! Ha! Poor you!

Kittenna

Yeeaaah have definitely done that to myself a time or two in the evening. Really sucks when you have to be up early, but sometimes if I don’t have to be, I use all the energy to be productive and clean/do laundry as Bonnie suggests!

DaisyChubb

haha it’s true! I have been helping around the house. I stick to the kitchen because it’s what I’m best at. Oh! And laundry. It’s nice being home and not having to plug in all my loonies when I want to do a load of laundry haha

scribbles sent this to me earlier in the summer and I’ve been saving it for once the weather cooled off a little. I don’t tend to drink EG in the summer, but once fall hits I practically live on it. Since the low tonight is suppose to be 60, I figured that was close enough to cool weather, and pulled it out for my final tea of the night.

I’ve really fallen in love with Tealish, hopefully one of these days I’ll be able to place an order, I could probably spend a fortune on their teas. I’ve enjoyed every single one that I’ve tried so far.

This particular EGC has a good balance between the cream and the bergamot. The bergamot was there, but not overpowering, and there was a substantial presence from the cream. What I loved is that unlike many other EGCs that I’ve tried, there wasn’t even a hint of bitterness.

I think I’ll have to do a side by side comparison with my current favorite EGC and see if this one is going to take its place.

Well, spent a fair chunk of change today at one of my favourite tea stores in Toronto – Tealish! This was one of my purchases. I am really starting to appreciate Earl Grey Creams. Tealish’s version has a lovely aroma and to me, just the right amount of bergamot. I don’t like letting it steep for too long. I find that it gets less creamy tasting if I do. This really is a yummy tasting Earl Grey Cream! Not too bergamot-y and not too creamy. Will mos def be repurchasing!!

S’ok. Not as vanilla-sweet as the markedly similar Cream of Earl Grey from David’s Tea. This could be considered a good thing or a bad thing by different people. For me, it’s a bad thing.