Tulsi Infusion

Black Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by WesleyIS

• “I either infused too much of this today or for a different amount...it's not what I remember!! Oye! It kind of tasted a little like plastic but it's never been in plastic! Just a slight plastic...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: I've tried this tea on several different occasions, and I re-reviewed it for the SororiTea Sisters because when I had the opportunity to try it again, I wanted to sit back and compare...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4323 tasting notes
  • “I got this from a friend in a tea exchange a while back (sorry JC that I just got to it now!). Since I've decided today is teabag sipdown day, this one called out to me to be tried first. ...” Read full tasting note
    lauriegilbert 442 tasting notes
  • “I was surprised to see this not already on Steepster so I had to add it! This tea is simply a blend of Teatulia's Black tea and Tulsi or 'Holy Basil'. So simple but quite complex.The smell is hard...” Read full tasting note
    WesleyIS 9 tasting notes

From Teatulia Teas

Tulsi Infusion tea is a blend of organically grown Tulsi and our Teatulia black tea. Our Tulsi is grown in the very same organic garden as our tea, where nothing that isn’t already indigenous to the area is ever introduced. Tulsi infusion has been described as having a slight sweetness that compliments the spicy nature of the Tulsi. It is also great served hot as well as cold.

About Teatulia Teas View company

I either infused too much of this today or for a different amount…it’s not what I remember!! Oye! It kind of tasted a little like plastic but it’s never been in plastic! Just a slight plastic taste but still a plastic taste…

Kristin

What is the tea stored in?

TeaEqualsBliss

I ran out of tins for storage but it has been in a cool dry place it’s a foil-lined envelop…no plastic tho. The outside of it is a recycled paper bag but like I said the inside is a foil-line…I know – not the best way to storage but I ran out of my other storage sources! LOl

Kristin

I was making sure it wasn’t in a ziploc bag or something. That would definitely make it taste like plastic after a while.

Backlog:

I’ve tried this tea on several different occasions, and I re-reviewed it for the SororiTea Sisters because when I had the opportunity to try it again, I wanted to sit back and compare notes to see what I thought of it now. It had been a while since that last review. Here’s a link to my new review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/12/17/tulsi-infusion-black-tea-teatulia/

This Tulsi Infusion has a nice balance of flavors. The black tea is strong and robust, and the tulsi adds a nice warmth to the cup. Crisp and slightly minty, but there are also some “spicy” sort of flavors in there too. I like tulsi, and I think that this is a really good tea for someone who is new to the herb and wants to explore it.

I got this from a friend in a tea exchange a while back (sorry JC that I just got to it now!). Since I’ve decided today is teabag sipdown day, this one called out to me to be tried first. (Probably my guilt of having so much Teatulia tea sitting waiting for me, being neglected by my looseleaf obsession.)

I brewed it according to package directions, giving it a short but hot steep. Black, I wasn’t sure what I thought of it. The tea flavour was pure, which I appreciated, with just a hint of something more. Curious, I added sugar, and that’s when the tulsi leaf came out to play, adding a lovely note of a spice I’d never had before and would never be able to adequately describe. The cup went down nicely, and I’m now looking forward to trying my other types from Teatulia!

I was surprised to see this not already on Steepster so I had to add it!
This tea is simply a blend of Teatulia’s Black tea and Tulsi or ‘Holy Basil’.
So simple but quite complex.The smell is hard for me to place, it really just smells like tea in a garden on a warm day. The thing I enjoy most about it is none of the flavors overshadow one another,they simple synchronize so perfectly they create there own flavor. Very smooth with a bold mouth feel and hints of subtle spice and non-sugary sweetness playing on the tip of the tongue. I really wish I could explain it more in depth but I haven’t quite had enough time to fully explore the complexity myself. Tulsi itself is an extremely religious plant and is an important plant in Ayurvedic medicine as a component for longevity and as a remedy for the cold as a painkiller a stomach soother and much more. It is high in antioxidants and known for being able to reduce blood glucose and cholesterol levels as well as aid the treatment of some poisons! Really fascinating stuff indeed, If you are interested in the health properties,religious aspects or just feeling like something a little different I definitely reccomend this!

This one is interesting. I haven’t had tulsi before, but it adds a green, herbal flavor to the cup. It’s a little like mint and a little like mate in flavor, and I like it. The base is smooth and compliments the tulsi well. This isn’t a tea I can see myself reaching for all the time, but I’m glad I got to try it.