Qi'Lan Fireside Oolong

Oolong Tea Leaves
Baked Bread, Fruity, Sweet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

• “Since joining Steepster and reading through many tea notes, I’ve thought about how amazing it is that teas can have different scents and fragrances that I never would have associated with...” Read full tasting note
    spharo 169 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! I forgot I was almost out of this one. Good news for me, because my cupboard is crazy full right now. (And I have two new tea orders on the way!) This is a roasted oolong from Teavana. The...” Read full tasting note
    KatBender 111 tasting notes
  • “This oolong is brilliant! It really does inspire thoughts of camping fireside drinking a nice hot tea after a long chilly hike. For me, teas that can bring back specific memories are invaluable....” Read full tasting note
    Soloracer24 72 tasting notes
  • “As I said a few days ago, I was curious to see how this one would taste as a cold brew. I steeped about a tablespoon in my water bottle in the fridge for eight hours. The cold brew turned out to be...” Read full tasting note
    jennkay19 574 tasting notes

From Teavana

DISCONTINUED

As gorgeous as the changing leaves in autumn, this lustrous, deep green oolong tea transforms into a golden amber infusion worthy of the season. Soft, fragrant, and delicately balanced with lingering toasted sweetness, this exquisite artisanal oolong is perfect to enjoy fireside or outside – under crisp blue skies.

Floral orchid and lily notes, soft, sweet, and lingering with toasted overtone.

Use 1-1.5 tsp of tea per 8oz of water. Heat water to just before boiling (195 degrees/90 degrees Celsius) and steep for 3 minutes. For stronger flavor, use more tea leaves.

Ingredients: Oolong tea

About Teavana View company

Since joining Steepster and reading through many tea notes, I’ve thought about how amazing it is that teas can have different scents and fragrances that I never would have associated with tea. Aromas such as wood, baked bread, and hay. It’s incredible that there are so many different variations and flavors, so many different experiences to be had, within one cup of tea.

I can finally say today that I’ve experienced this myself with this cup of oolong. I can see now what people mean when they say that a tea is reminiscent of warm, freshly baked bread. I get a sense of that here. It’s savory, but also sweet. The leaves themselves are very dark and smell almost fruity, though I’m not really tasting fruit in the brewed cup.

I’m not sure what is in this tea, but it is so calming. I feel completely relaxed and ready for sleep.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Fruity, Sweet

This is a roasted oolong from Teavana. The roast on this is lighter than their discontinued Auspicious Ayame oolong. The taste is more floral and vegetal, even a little buttery, and not quite as dry. Personally, I enjoy both of them, but I would say that this one is more balanced in flavor. A solid choice for people who like oolongs, especially cozy roasted ones. I wish I’d had a little more leaf in my tin, though, because this particular steep was on the weak side. But I still enjoyed my last cup! Not sure yet if I’ll restock… It’s very drinkable, but it’s expensive, and I want to try more roasted oolongs from other companies and see how they compare.

This tea is very fragrant, has a toasty, roasted, woodsy scent. The taste isn’t bland, but not as strong; still satisfying. An all around delicious tea!

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
tea-junkie

I love teavana. Even though that puts me in the minority but can’t help it. I’ll be looking to get me a cup of this next time I am at the mall to try it out myself.

Christopher F.

Same here. I don’t particularly care for the brand label,it’s the tea leaf inside that I care about what it tastes like to me, if Teavana sells a tea that I like, then I I will definitely buy it. I am sure that I got the better end of our last swap, so if you want I can send you a small sample of mine.

As I said a few days ago, I was curious to see how this one would taste as a cold brew. I steeped about a tablespoon in my water bottle in the fridge for eight hours. The cold brew turned out to be much different than I expected! It was roasty, of course, but more like a roasted grain flavor. Actually, I recently took a tour of the Sam Adams brewery where we were able to taste a bunch of their malts. This cold brew reminded me a lot of the caramel malts that we sampled at the brewery. It also has some bitterness that actually kind of works with the flavors rather than being distracting or off-putting.

Overall, I would say that I’m glad that I tried cold brewing because it was quite a surprising experiment. However, I prefer this tea hot over cold in terms of a smoother flavor. Also, with how overpriced this tea is, it seems like cold brews would just use up too much leaf too quickly. I only dared try it because I’m still using the free ounce I have from my Starbucks reward.

I like this tea. It has a nice scent and flavor. The scent is almost like chocolate. It has a mild roasted flavor. It looks like it will resteep tons of times with good flavor.

Floral but not perfumey, complex… not as much toastiness as I expected, but enough to keep it interesting. Probably a bit overpriced, but definitely good quality and very enjoyable.