Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Nik

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Green tea and 100%-natural-cherry-Juicy-Juice sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g… Sometimes, I love being wrong. The "naturally & artificially flavoured" label on some of my other TCB&TL teas kind...” Read full tasting note
    bleepnik 117 tasting notes

From The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

Our delicate Tiawan Green tea blended with pomegranate petals and all natural cherry flavors.

Origin: Taiwan (green tea) & Morocco (pomegranate petals)
Body: Medium
Pairings: Cheese Crumble Danish or Red Velvet

About The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf View company

1 Tasting Note

Green tea and 100%-natural-cherry-Juicy-Juice sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g…

Sometimes, I love being wrong. The “naturally & artificially flavoured” label on some of my other TCB&TL teas kind of turned me off, so I was a bit sceptical of this blend from the get-go. On top of that was the further concern, again based on prior experience, that the cherry fragrance and flavour would be very chemical in nature, or like cough syrup.

It turns out that I needn’t have worried. The tea is naturally flavoured. The fragrance of the dry leaves is two parts cherry Juicy Juice and one part green tea. The fragrance of the steeping tea is much more balanced, with the traditional “greenness” of green tea coming through clearly.

The flavour can best be described as “luscious.” It tastes, accurately, like a blend of cherry juice and green tea. Not maraschino cherries, not cherry cough syrup, just cherry juice. It’s a surprisingly lovely combination of flavours. As nice as it is brewed hot, though, I feel like it would be even nicer brewed cold. I’ll have to remember to put aside some of the bags so I can try this tea iced.

Tea amount: 2 bags