Star Spangled Chai

Edit tea info Last updated by Cavocorax
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From The Devotea

A unique masala chai blend with a vibrant hit of star anise. Make it milky or make it neat!

A strong aniseed flavor is augmented by the other spices and the rich tea. Very much a full-flavored experience.

Food Pairing: Can be paired with beef and lamb quite successfully, also Chinese food. Strong enough to stand up to bold chocolate desserts

Ingredients: Black teas, Star anise, cinnamon, black pepper, cloves

About The Devotea View company

This Chai was also nice. The Star Anise is the star of the show here, & again the spices are fairly mild. Next time I’ll probably double the amount of tea of both this one & the Aussie.

Autumn Chai Swizzle
Ingredients:

2 ounces Baileys Original Irish Cream 3 ounces brewed Star Spangled Chai Raw brown sugar Cinnamon stick

Preparation:

Brew a pot of chai tea Add 2 teaspoons of raw brown sugar and stir until dissolved. Fill a coffee mug with chai tea and Baileys Original Irish Cream. Stir with cinnamon stick.

buy chai http://us.the-devotea.com/store/products/star-spangled-chai-usa-only

drink blog post http://the-devotea.com/autumn-chai-swizzle/

This was another tea from this evening. I wanted to try and hit 150 by the end of this coming weekend and i have a sneaking suspicion that the mail man is going to be mean and have all my stuff show up on friday. This is a pretty muted chai, though the addition of the star anise meant that it had a little bit of that licorice flavour to it. My other half commented while it was brewing that he smelled licorice heh. I wouldn’t go out of my wany to get this one again, but it was nice to have a chai that was slightly different from what i was used to. AND the clove flavour wasn’t over powering in this one so it gets bonus points for that. :) thanks terri!

Free sample provided by the Devotea — many thanks again!

I know I’ve been posting a lot of whiny tasting notes but I have to whine a little bit more! I just got home from my first physical therapy appointment and boy, was that ever painful… It’s hard to imagine I’ll ever get back to normal. I wanted to treat myself to something nice when I got home, so I decided to bust this out… of course what I really want is an entire chocolate cake but that probably isn’t a good idea. ;-)

The spicy/sweet note of the star anise is definitely prominent here, the cinnamon is the next thing I notice followed by the clove and the black pepper. I enjoyed this with some soymilk and a bit of rock sugar and it’s just rich and sweet enough to imagine I’m doing something decadent. Definitely a unique chai and very warming for the chilly fog that’s rolling in. I can see myself keeping more of this on hand, I do love a good chai.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Lala

Ha ha. Your note makes me laugh (I am a physio!). It’s so true. I have a colleague that calls himself a physicalterrorist.

TeaBrat

Hey – at least I didn’t cry and I know it will help me in the long run. :)

Lala

Good luck! The pain will be worth it in the end.

Robert Godden

It’s great to hear that Star Spangled Chai can, in some small way, substitute for an entire chocolate cake. Best wishes from all at The Devotea for a speedy recovery.