Raspberry Quince

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Well I love raspberry and I like quince. My grandmother used to make quince jelly from a quince tree in her backyard. We'd have quince jelly instead of cranberry sauce every Thanksgiving and...” Read full tasting note
    Starfevre 501 tasting notes
  • “One of my absolute favorites! I remember loving this when I was little and then couldn't find this particular one by Republic of Tea for the longest time. I recently discovered that Central...” Read full tasting note
    yunjii 37 tasting notes
  • “Certainly not a favorite. I love raspberry, but this is just a little too strong for me. I might try blending it with another black tea to tone it down. Also, it might be good iced, but I didn't...” Read full tasting note
    CarrieK 6 tasting notes
  • “I wanted to like this tea very much, for I love raspberries, but I felt it was too overpowering. But I bet this tea would be awesome iced.” Read full tasting note
    teadiva 14 tasting notes

From The Republic of Tea

Quince is an ancient apple-like fruit, famous for its flowery perfume and vanilla-pineapple notes. Tart hibiscus and juicy raspberry flavors added to brew a sweet cup. Wonderful over ice.

About The Republic of Tea View company

Well I love raspberry and I like quince. My grandmother used to make quince jelly from a quince tree in her backyard. We’d have quince jelly instead of cranberry sauce every Thanksgiving and Christmas growing up. My dad still hoards that last jar of it, since my grandma grew too frail a long time ago to make it, and sold that property. I miss her.

Anyway, this tea. Certainly has an interesting smell to it. I’m really not sure if it’s appetizing to me or not. I’m leaning towards not. It’s like the leaves of the quince tree are in there instead of the fruit. Not quite right.

For tasting, this is just okay. I like the fruitiness and the raspberry comes in as a subtle taste to the bang from the quince that really isn’t sitting quite right. Maybe I like it more as a jelly and not so much as a real fruit. I have enough for one cup yet so I might try it with a bit more sugar to see if it makes things even out.

One of my absolute favorites!
I remember loving this when I was little and then couldn’t find this particular one by Republic of Tea for the longest time. I recently discovered that Central Market was carrying this flavor and it was the best moment.
The raspberry gives a little tartness, and the quince gives it a perfect sweetness.

Babble

I had this tea recently at a Christian Bookstore of all places – I don’t see it very often, though..

Certainly not a favorite. I love raspberry, but this is just a little too strong for me. I might try blending it with another black tea to tone it down. Also, it might be good iced, but I didn’t like it enough to try. Perhaps I’ll give it a go, otherwise it will languish in the cupboard.