International Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

• “Yesterday, my husband took me to Portland to visit the Spice and Tea Exchange as I've never been there. It is a difficult task to convince him to take me to such a place, as he is convinced that I...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to *Indigobloom* for sending me a sample of this tea. I believe there's a Spice and tea Exchange in San Francisco but I've never been there. Shocking, isn't it??? Anyway this has a nice...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2353 tasting notes
  • “Yep, this is a nice one. Not nearly as super fantastic as the Assam, but still good. The lady at the shop mentioned there was some Chinese tea in there. I can't remember what region but I know it...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1299 tasting notes
  • “*Thanks Liberteas* This was different than I thought it would be...I'm thinking that is today's tea theme with me...hum... Anyhow - it's slightly malty-chocolate tasting but with a pu-erh type...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes

From The Spice and Tea Exchange

A classic Breakfast tea that is rich and malty with subtle notes of chocolate. This robust and flavorful black tea makes a great first cup to start your day. Contains: black tea. Contains caffeine.

About The Spice and Tea Exchange View company

Yesterday, my husband took me to Portland to visit the Spice and Tea Exchange as I’ve never been there. It is a difficult task to convince him to take me to such a place, as he is convinced that I have enough tea and I don’t need to be shopping for more. sigh But, I had a Living Social voucher, so, he had to take me. (evil grin)

This is one of the teas that I purchased (I didn’t spend much time checking out the spices, as I already have a favorite spice merchant). The description suggests malty tones and I get those, but, the chocolate notes are a little more difficult to discern until the tea has cooled somewhat. They are more pronounced now, but, as the description also says, they are indeed subtle. I taste more of a caramel tone than a chocolate-y one.

A pleasant breakfast blend, although as breakfast blends go, it isn’t as invigorating as others I’ve tried. Pleasant, but, not amazing or anything.

Bonnie

I certainly hope you have the strawberry chocolate puerh which Indigobloom and I think is a drug! So good! My son is bringing me more from San Francisco pier 39 next Monday! I have the Caramel Oolong also. Pretty good stuff.

LiberTEAS

I did purchase that one also. I will try it soon!

Azzrian

Can you order this online?

Azzrian

Found it :)

Thanks to Indigobloom for sending me a sample of this tea. I believe there’s a Spice and tea Exchange in San Francisco but I’ve never been there. Shocking, isn’t it???

Anyway this has a nice cocoa type aroma after steeping. I did sip on some plain and it has the sort of winey/mud aftertaste that I associate with keemuns and I’m not a big fan. I guess this is some kind of a keemun assam blend with a bit of ceylon thrown in? there is also maltiness and chocolate. I liked this better as a breakfast tea after I added soymilk but decided it didn’t need any sweetener.

Overall, not bad but I won’t be clamoring to get this. I’m really glad I had a chance to try it though. :)

Anna

There is, and I have walked past numerous times, but never gone in. I seriously have no idea why.

Indigobloom

I’m not a Keemum girl either. It had a very interesting profile though! lol

Yep, this is a nice one. Not nearly as super fantastic as the Assam, but still good. The lady at the shop mentioned there was some Chinese tea in there. I can’t remember what region but I know it wasn’t one of the standard ones. Actually I keep thinking it was Hubei but I know it wasn’t because I do recall thinking “I wonder if that is near Hubei” for some reason. And yet I can’t recall the name of the place she mentioned. Silly brain.
Ok. So! This one is quite round in depth and profile. A little too focused on the Keemum like notes for my preferences. I’m not a fan of Keemum, personally.
With milk and sugar, it works well enough for me. A nice sipping tea that I don’t need to pay much attention to. Not something I’d repurchase though

Thanks Liberteas
This was different than I thought it would be…I’m thinking that is today’s tea theme with me…hum…

Anyhow – it’s slightly malty-chocolate tasting but with a pu-erh type flavor, too.

It was ok but not what I was hoping for.