Bolder Breakfast Black Tea Blend

Black Pu-erh Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by The Tea Spot

From The Tea Spot

This new American black tea blend combines bold flavor, rich color, & full body with hints of chocolate. This robust breakfast blend is made from our favorite strong black teas from high altitude estates in China, India and Sri Lanka. We have combined these black teas with pu’erh, an aged black tea from Yunnan China, and dark chocolate essence. This tea yields a rich, dark liquor and a warm, well-rounded flavor that takes very well to milk and even better in the form of a tea latte. The high caffeine content and robust flavor makes this the perfect tea to help kick your coffee habit!

About The Tea Spot View company

I made 2 cups of hot tea for my bubble bath. This was one of them. I love the boldness, the chocolately-ness, yum!

Billed as a tea to help you kick the coffee habit, I thought I better give it a try. And it didn’t disappoint, but the lack of coffee intake on my part might have more to do with the fact that my coffee press broke and I never replaced it.

Anyway, on to the tea. This tea tastes like a black tea and chocolate blend. In fact, I can’t even tell that there is any puerh in the blend. On the one hand, this disappoints me since I am a big fan of puerh tea. On the other hand, I’m not all that sure how an earthy puerh would blend with chocolate.

Overall, The Tea Spot has done a nice job on this one. It’s a well balanced blend with a think mouth feel. There is a slight bitter undertone that cuts what otherwise would be a tremendously smooth tea. I couldn’t resolve this with shorter steep times and any steeps beyond number 2 generally yielded a pretty watery cup.