Spice Imperial

Edit tea info Last updated by mitchbeard

• “I've been sipping on this since I woke up, I'm on my second infusion. The tea holds up pretty well in a second infusion ... then again, my taste buds are quite impaired so take that for what its...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4224 tasting notes
  • “Quick note; in a hurry. upon smelling this tea I thought it would taste like Christmas ham-clove and cinnamon. I was relieved to find it did not, though both spices were apparent. I'm not a clove...” Read full tasting note
    tunes&tea 58 tasting notes
  • “I got this sample from *Liberteas* and held off making it so I could serve it for a tea party day, plus I was hoping for cooler weather to serve it. I got my wish today! Well, I consider 70F...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1769 tasting notes
  • “I bought a box of the bagged version of this tea (50 teabags) last year- before discovering I hated it. I would not recommend drinking it black - although, I may be biased, preferring most black...” Read full tasting note
    mitchbeard 2 tasting notes

From Whittard of Chelsea

Set against smooth black tea, this blend is enriched with the exotic taste of cinnamon bark and fragrant citrus peel; scented with spiky cloves and long dark pods of vanilla. From your steaming cup these majestic flavours curl and twist. Let them take you on a journey to lands rich with the fragrance of spice.

About Whittard of Chelsea View company

I’ve been sipping on this since I woke up, I’m on my second infusion. The tea holds up pretty well in a second infusion … then again, my taste buds are quite impaired so take that for what its worth. At the very least, I find that the spice notes here are enjoyable and warming and soothing for my itchy throat.

Quick note; in a hurry. upon smelling this tea I thought it would taste like Christmas ham-clove and cinnamon. I was relieved to find it did not, though both spices were apparent. I’m not a clove fan so I didn’t make it far, though my wife that doesn’t write notes loved it. Moderate astringency (wife didn’t agree) and dry is no good to me either. This is something I may have to work on so as not to miss out on other notable intricacies present in drier teas. Pleasant afterflavor, should work nicely to clear the palate of an oily meal. Not bad, just not a clove person.
tunes playing-America=Tin Man/Ventura Highway/Sister Golden Hair Surprise

Azzrian

AWESOME music!

jerrib

Hey Tunes,
I have those Japanese ceremonial teacups for you. Do you want the matching teapot? It’s yours if you want it.

I got this sample from Liberteas and held off making it so I could serve it for a tea party day, plus I was hoping for cooler weather to serve it. I got my wish today! Well, I consider 70F cooler weather, anyway.

I am a little leery of some spiced teas as they sometimes overdo it for me. Harney’s Hot Cinnamon Spice is one that makes me hide under the bed, but several of my friends love it. This one smelled really good but I was afraid I would be assaulted by cinnamon. Instead, I was sweetly wooed.

I really agree with Liberteas on this one. I felt that I tasted more clove than cinnamon, though, but even that was mild. I was really excited to have this since my daughter gave me a few sips of her spiced apple cider from Starbucks last week and it was sooo good. This reminded me of it, though I drank it unsweetened and I am sure the SBucks stuff was full of sugar.

The tea base could be a little stronger for my taste, but I am seriously inspired to try to make a mulled tea this good. this was really tasty. Thank you, Liberteas, for the delicious tea!

I bought a box of the bagged version of this tea (50 teabags) last year- before discovering I hated it. I would not recommend drinking it black – although, I may be biased, preferring most black teas with milk – it just tastes bitter and a bit nasty to me without (perhaps my fault?). I can’t really distinguish any of the individual flavours – just a vague hint of mixed spices. Saying that, it is still pleasant to drink, if I manage to offset the bitterness with a huge amount of milk.

dorfmeister

mitchbeard:
This tea has a very strong flavour. Try blending it with a regular black ceylon tea. The ratios, my preference is two spoon of black ceylon, and a one spoon of whittard s.i. It will give you a much smooth taste, and I think you will no longer have bitter taste. Enjoy your tea!

There’s nothing better than spiced tea on a rainy, cold winter day. Or, you know, on a sunny summer afternoon.
Though I actually prefer spiced tea on cold days, I couldn’t resist trying this great gift, especially after opening the tin and immediately getting hit by that lovely aroma. And though it isn’t as good as my favorite “Chá verde Inverno”, which has a stronger citrous flavor, Spice Imperial is a very nice addition to my growing tea collection.

A must try one. I’m from Turkey, one of the country where tea is consumed most. Unfortunate to say that we do not have this kind of flavoured tea varieties in here. I am lucky enough to find out about Whittard, and its spice imperial. About a decade a go, discovered it during my visit to London. It has an amazing taste; a very strong taste as well. Therefore you get the best joy of it when blending it with a regular (not flavoured) black ceylon tea. Don’t use same amounts while blending, whittard s.i. should be added half amount of the other that you’re adding. Enjoy!

You can buy this tea loose or in tea bags. Verry nice anytime of the day,I add sugar to taste.