Soothing Caramel Bedtime

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by jmla

• “Ok. Lost my post 2 times now. Starting to go crazy. Here's the gist: I wandered into the grocery store looking for Tazo's Rest, but couldn't find it, so I settled for this despite previous...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 477 tasting notes
  • “This is a good bedtime tea, sweet and soothing. I can taste the other herbs, but they're not overpowering (as in many herbal teabags, for me) - the predominant taste is caramel, with maybe a bit of...” Read full tasting note
    teabird 403 tasting notes
  • “Throw a bunch of... crap together and Yogi will call it "Caramel" and oh yeah, don't forget that essential Yogi black pepper. There are so many ingredients here though. I have no idea how this is...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1454 tasting notes
  • “This is the best bedtime tea I've ever had, in terms of how well it works. I only use it when I'm really really super restless, like last night. The tea just makes me feel a little more relaxed...” Read full tasting note
    teaqueen 339 tasting notes

From Yogi Tea

Relax, and breathe in the enchanting aroma of our Soothing Caramel Bedtime® tea. This blend is an effective combination of L-Theanine, Organic Chamomile Flower, Skullcap and California Poppy specifically formulated to support deep relaxation by calming the body and mind, helping you to fall asleep quickly, enjoy a restful night’s sleep and awake refreshed. Sweet, creamy Rooibos, Caramel and Vanilla adds delicious, warming flavor that’s just right for drinking before bedtime. So, relax and drink Soothing Caramel Bedtime tea – for a good night’s sleep.

About Yogi Tea View company

So I really need this tea tonight to relax. I’m listening to Yoga music, too tired to actually do Yoga tonight. Need to unwind, I had an incredibly exciting day today, and not much sleep last night. Last night I read until the wee hours of the morning.

I prefer the caramel Yogi Bedtime tea to the regular, it tastes better.

I just want to relax and fall to sleep.

I received a sample of this from Yogi Tea and waited eagerly for it to arrive. Being a fan of caramel teas, I had high hopes for this tea. I wasted no time making a cup as soon as it arrived.

Though I wouldn’t say it’s horrible, I’m slightly disappointed, as I didn’t detect any caramel at all. Instead, what I tasted the most was chamomile and nutmeg and the usual “herbal” flavor that all Yogi teas seem to have. Regardles, I finished my cup and would probably buy a box of this tea to keep around, because, even though it didn’t taste as I expected, it was still a very relaxing tea to have before bedtime.

Smelling @ Dry Tea Bags:Cardamon / Nutmeg
98’c 3 Minutes

Taste:
Herbal But Not Too Chinese Herb Tea.
Can’t Feel Any Caramel Even The Vanilla Flavor.
Spices: Some Cinnamon & Can Taste Little Bit Chamomile.

Smells great and is very smooth, but I split the bag between cups and I think it’s a little weak.

I love it. Great bedtime tea.

Tasted nothing but chamomile and a sort of brown bark-y flavor. Slightly bitter. No caramel at all. I guess they can’t all be winners.

It’s too bad because I really like skullcap teas. I’m fond of Yogi’s Relaxed Mind, and I make a blend of skullcap/lemon balm/lavender/mint that I drink all the time. I was excited to have a different sort of skullcap blend.

This tea was not what I had expected. The Caramel title is misleading. It has a more vanilla cinnamon taste to it. It is caramel in color so perhaps that is where they got the game.

Despite this, I enjoyed it. It has some good qualities but the lengthy ingredient list is disturbing. Not an everyday tea for me, but for every now and then I think it will be okay.