Wu Liang Hong Mao Feng Yunnan Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Terri HarpLady

From Yunnan Sourcing

“Wu Liang Hong Mao Feng” Yunnan Black Tea

A rare black tea where tea leaves and expert processing come together to create something unique and enjoyable. High altitude mao feng varietal grown in the Wu Liang mountains of Simao is briefly fermented by special technique and then finally processed into black tea. The taste and aroma is distinctly floral and fruit throughout!

A unique tea that is quite different from any other Yunnan Black tea that we offer!

About Yunnan Sourcing View company

Enjoyed a cup of this earlier today: lightly malty, lightly floral, today I picked up a little Cedar.

Since the BBB Box is soon to be on it’s way back to me, I need to get cracking on the teas that were sent to me during the last round. This is one of three teas that Terri included as her offerings.

I forgot to make notes on this one today and it’s from eaaarly this morning. I vaguely remember this been a fairly smooth tasting tea with a slight..fruity note? Not taiwanese black fruity, but there was a hint there. I’ll take better notes next time! i did enjoy it though terri :)

Terri HarpLady

Glad to hear it! I DO need to get my act together & get that box on it’s way to you.

Terri packed her teas for the BBB in tins this time and I couldn’t find my card that told me which was which. I made this one because the other one was clearly a yunnan and I wasn’t sure that’s what i wanted. So dumped some of this one in my gaiwan and hoped for the best. I was SHOCKED to find out this is a yunnan. I couldn’t place what it was, but it isn’t like most yunnans. Not that I don’t like yunnans, I just don’t love yunnans. I’m really enjoying this. Slightly chocolatey, slightly fruity, a slight pepperiness to it. Very enjoyable!

Thanks Terri!

This is another solid black tea from Yunnan Sourcing. Because of how much I love the other one, this pales a bit in comparison. This is still really good, I would be more than happy to have more of this – but not sure I want to buy 50g of it. Decent black tea. I liked it.
Thanks Sil for another good one.

agree with you on the comparison of the two!