Red Lavender

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Zhena's Gypsy Tea

Native to France and the western Mediterranean, Lavender is well-known for its soothing effect and for its use to calm an unsettled stomach. We’ve blended antioxidant rich South African Rooibos with organic garden grown lavender blossoms to steep a most delighting and tranquil tea.

Ingredients: South African Rooibos and organic French lavender blossoms.

About Zhena's Gypsy Tea View company

1. BB Tea for today. Thanks Muppetlove

While this was pleasing to my palate and helped my stomach…I didn’t find that it tasted much like your stereo-typical lavender. It was a mellow rooibos and a strange powdery-type taste. It was sweet and soothing but ‘powdery’ and not really floral or lavender.

Like I said…certainly NOT bad tasting but it doesn’t fit the description either.

I won’t rate this one for now.

So soothing. This is a really lovely lavender and I’m a little sad to say that it’s a sipdown. At least I still have my Butiki Lavender Chamomile in stock :)

Tonights cup of meh is this. I am beginning to suspect that Zheena’s tea is just not for me.

A fellow tea lover friend of mine bought this and didn’t enjoy it too much so he gifted it to me. It tastes unlike anything else amongst my vast collection. I did rather enjoy it, but not enough to buy it when I run out.

Update: 6/22/13 Okay, I lied. I bought the Twinings Rooibos one last time I was buying tea.

This is my all time favorite tea! Of course from day to day my preference will change, but I always come back to Zhena’s Red Lavender. A sip leaves a sweet breath on your tongue like drinking a good cup of King’s tea while standing in a broad field of lavender blossoms.

The lavender is instant relaxation in a cup, and the rooibos is a delightful complement. Great as a hot tea, and even better iced on a summer day.

This tea is also certified Fair Trade & organic, so you can enjoy it without reservations.

This is very lavender! What a nice scent and flavor! Just fills up my nose and mouth.. There is something here that reminds me of Yogi’s Aztec Sweet Chili (which I also love) though I’m not sure what it could be, as only rooibos and lavender are listed in the ingredients and neither of those are listed in the Aztec Sweet Chili. Its almost the texture of it that seems similar but I don’t know what that means, so don’t try to figure it out. :D

My 2nd foray into the “Romance Teas” sampler, I think this one might be a dud. It has the wonderful taste of rooibos, and that’s about it. I did not taste a lavender note, and I may barely smell one. Admittedly, lavender can be very subtle and I may be biased since when I cook with lavender or make my own loose tea recipes, I am very heavy-handed. Also, I was multi-tasking when I made the cup and I may have flubbed steeping it, so I’ll eat my words if it turns out better the next time. But for now, meh.