Got this as a sample from Mandala with a teapot I ordered

This is pretty darn good! Similar to dragonwell, which usually isn’t my favorite, but I really enjoyed this tea. It has a nice nutty taste, more like macadamia than chestnut, which lingers for quite a while and gives a strong, pleasant tingling at the back of the throat. Its smoother than a dragonwell, kind of like a light oxidation oolong.

The leaves are nicely pressed and unbroken, and open up fully when brewing. This is a very light colored green tea, almost looks like a white or yellow.

The pot I ordered is very cute and has a nice pour, however the lid doesn’t seem to fit quite right, which is a little disappointing. It looks like the body of the pot was slightly warped during production, leaving the hole that the lid sits on slightly oval shaped, so it wont quite fit. Its a nice small pot though, and the lid trouble wont keep me from using it.

mrmopar

mandala is pretty good stuff. iam am drinking some of theirs now. i don’t think any of the yixing made by hand is perfect but the pour is all important!

tperez

They seem like the have great teas and great customer service :)

The pot I got is a small white ceramic one to replace one I broke recently that was my primary pot for non-gong fu brewing (thinking about getting a yixing for pu’erh later this year though) I think I must have gotten the last one, cause they’re not on the site anymore…

mrmopar

try this link on ebay they are in the us and offer a big selections of yixing fairly reasonable 261108739482 be sure to check the sellers other items to see al the pots.

tperez

Wow, those are pretty low prices. Do you have one? How is it?

mrmopar

i think i got the last 350cc one with the removable filter basket. i think it was 12.00 with 7.99 shipping i like it so much that i emailed the buyer to see if he had another.here is the item i bought if ebay still has it up.380449524467

sorry its 420 on the size link still up

Comments

mrmopar

tperez

They seem like the have great teas and great customer service :)

tperez

Wow, those are pretty low prices. Do you have one? How is it?

sorry its 420 on the size link still up

My name is Thomas,

Long-time tea and coffee driker, but I only started getting into the world of good quality teas about three years ago.

My favorites right now are pu’erhs, Yunnan blacks, and Taiwanese oolongs. I’m not much into flavored teas, and jasmine almost always puts me off, but I love a good cup of chai or adding a spice or two to my teas sometimes.

I’m 21 and currently working in Orlando Florida, taking a some time off from school to try and figure out my place in the world.

I’m a music lover and have played guitar and violin for quite a while in classical styles, rock, jazz, etc., and have also learned to love the sounds of the sitar and hindustani music in all its forms. I’ve become a bit of a guitar “grease monkey” and find building, modification, repair, and dissection to be even better than playing sometimes.

I also love hiking/camping and downhill longboarding when I have the time to make it out to somewhere hilly.

My Rating Scale: