drank Acid Drop by 52teas

The first one to be tried from my January sub box! I couldn’t help it, this one smelled fabulous when I opened the pouch…

I really like it! The mix of citrus is very nice – I would say I get a lot of grapefruit and lemon followed by sweet orange. The lemon also tastes very lemon-drop-like, which really helps sell the candy shoppe angle.

The green tea base is somewhat robust, though I think it needs to be in order to keep up with the strong citrus flavors here. It has a bit of mineral and smoke to it that remind me of gunpowder green tea, but aren’t quite that strong.

I do get a tiny bit of bitterness here, and I’m not sure if I perhaps overleafed a bit too much or if it’s from the citrus peel. Either way, it’s pleasant and doesn’t detract from the overall taste.

ETA: Now that it’s cooling more, I am getting some lime flavor as well.

Flavors: Bitter, Candy, Grapefruit, Grass, Lemon, Lime, Mineral, Orange, Smoke, Sweet, Tart

Kawaii433

Oh man, I just made my first phone order with Lupicia in Hawaii… Thank you again for the info. I ordered the Framboise Chocolat and they said it was selling fast by phone calls so better get it sooner than later because it won’t be available after February. (Again I tried to post that in the forums, it just doesn’t let me post there, it times out.).

Earlier I had 4 Acid Drop in a cart and I decided to wait to pull the trigger because of the Lupicia order. I just know I’m going to like this. I love citrus especially if it’s tart.

Cameron B.

Oh good, how did the phone order go? I’m a citrus lover, too!

Kawaii433

Went well, we chatted quite a bit about the California store closing, how they didn’t know… Etc. I wanted to share this in the discussion, if you can do it for me since I can’t… She said she could fit up to ~12 bags of tea in one USPS flat rate envelope, depending upon what type of tea, and the shipping cost was $8 + $3.75 handling fee.

Here is a copy and paste from the email:
We do have the Chocolate teas available for sale in our store. They are listed below:

Earl Grey Chocolat in 50gr pack $8.50 or 5TB in limited design mini tin $5.50
Framboise Chocolat in 50gr pack $8.50 or 5TB in limited design mini tin $5.50
Yuzu Chocolat in 50gr pack $8.50 or 5TB in limited design mini tin $5.50
The Au Chocolat in 50gr pack $8.50 or 5TB in limited design mini tin $5.50 or 10TB $8.50 (Regular 10TB package)
Marron Chocolat in 50gr pack $8.50 or 5TB in limited design mini tin $5.50
Orange chocolat in 50gr pack $8.50 or 5TB in limited design mini tin $5.50

Cameron B.

Okay, I posted those in the discussion thread. I wonder if you want less tea, if there’s a non-flat-rate shipping option…

Thank you! I saw it :D

Kawaii433

She said that they use the smallest box that they can fit your order in and only the flat-rate options.

Kawaii433

I asked so many questions (poor lady) and we talked a long time… If any of you have questions, just ask me. I may have asked it hehe.

Cameron B.

Well that’s good to know, so it’s really not cost-effective to order less then if that shipping is flat rate. Thank you for the info! ❤

Kawaii433

I also asked if there was a price that we could get free shipping, she said no, not at this time.

You’re very welcome <3

Comments

Kawaii433

Cameron B.

Oh good, how did the phone order go? I’m a citrus lover, too!

Here is a copy and paste from the email:

You’re very welcome <3

•2019 Sipdown Challenge!•
•15 full sipdowns and
•86 sample sipdowns

I am currently doing the #365DaysOfTea challenge via Instagram and Steepster! Please find my Instagram profile at the bottom of this bio!

Hi, I’m Cameron! I’m 29 years old and currently living in Austin, Texas with my boyfriend of 5 years. We’re both software engineers working in the Semiconductor manufacturing field. I am a staunch lover of pugs and other squishy-faced dogs, although sadly I do not currently have one.

I prefer my tea lukewarm or at room temperature and without milk or sugar. I will often sweeten iced tea. I brew Western style, and fluctuate between using mugs or teapots with small cups depending on the season. I have recently started to brew gongfu cha style!

Tea Preferences:
I enjoy both flavored and unflavored teas in many forms, including black, green, oolong, and white teas, as well as maté, rooibos, honeybush, and herbal tisanes. I am open to more exploration of puerh, but it’s not generally one of my favorites. I am not often a fan of fruit-based tisanes.

My very favorite straight teas tend to be from China, Japan, or Taiwan. I also enjoy matcha!

Fruit: All of them! My ‘go-to’s tend to be in the red fruits, stonefruit, or citrus spectra. I also really love apple, banana, berry, lychee, melon, pear, and rhubarb flavors. Tropical fruits aren’t among my favorites, but I still enjoy them once in a while – especially mango and pineapple.

Dessert: Again, all the things! I love creamy vanilla and marshmallow flavors, along with anything in the caramel family such as butterscotch, toffee, or maple. Chocolate is also a favorite, though I’m often disappointed by it in tea. And don’t forget anything buttery, cakey, or cookie-y!

Floral: I’m a little bit more particular in this category. I do very much enjoy jasmine, even strong jasmine, along with sakura and chamomile. But I’m not crazy about rose and lavender flavors, and I prefer hibiscus in moderation only.

Spices: I don’t generally find myself drawn to masala chai, but I do enjoy spices combined with other flavors. My favorite spices are the warm ones, especially cinnamon, nutmeg, anise, and cardamom. A bit of heat from black pepper or chili is okay too, as long as it’s not overwhelming! Ginger can be a lovely accent, but I find it difficult to drink as a main flavor.

Aromatics: I’m obsessed with Earl Grey! I also love cooling flavors such as mint (especially spearmint), pine, juniper, and eucalyptus. I am not a fan of strong rosemary or sage in tea. Smoke can be tasty when it’s not heavy-handed.

Favorite Purveyors:

80-89: Great – a possible staple
70-79: Good, but I wouldn’t buy it
60-69: It’s decent
50-59: Meh… I may or may not have finished the cup
40-49: Ick. Couldn’t finish it.
00-39: Repulsive, I spat it out

My profile photo is by inkpug!

Austin, Texas