Almost like drinking Caramilk, although never as sweet and cloying. My favourite thing about this one is the hot caramel smell that attaches itself to the cup. I’ve found it’s a good tea to smother most dessert cravings.

I tried adding soy milk to it a couple days back and that completely diluted everything. Maybe a longer steep time would’ve helped, but I don’t feel like playing around anymore when I know I’ve got a good thing going already.

I love the assam base for this blend; I may actually like the assam more on it’s own than here. It’s going on my “must haves” list for fall, though. This tea, a warm fireplace, a textbook, and a chilly night sounds pretty fine to me.

Edit: I’m finally starting to like this tea in it’s own right and not just for its assam base. Being generous with the two teaspoon serving, and stirring after steeping, takes this tea up a notch for me. I normally hate adding sugar to my tea but this is one of the few exceptions where I actually don’t mind.

JustJames

agreed, it buries dessert angst.

Fjellrev

Oh yeah, the textbook would have ruined that experience. I seriously can’t wait to get my Butiki stuff from the group order, more than anything, to try this one!

tigress_al

Caramilk!! That’s my favourite chocolate bar! I was thinking of making a Butiki order but now I will have to try this tea!

CrowKettle

JustJames, yes, this tea was very effective for that until I saw the spun sugar image link in your note. Then I wanted both the tea AND the dessert. :P

This is no substitute for a real Caramilk bar but it does remind me of why I love them, and why I’m going to buy a big bag full of them in October or November.

OMGsrsly

I really like this one, but I know what you mean. You can’t underleaf it or it doesn’t taste right.

Plunkybug

I can’t wait either. I don’t think I got any of this in the order though, but perhaps I should have.

Comments

JustJames

agreed, it buries dessert angst.

Fjellrev

tigress_al

CrowKettle

OMGsrsly

Plunkybug

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland