It’s been a while since I’ve had this, so a quick note for tracking its development.

Dry: soft, fruity, powdered sugar
Warm: stonefruit – apricot-plum, yeasty-pastry
Rinse: apricot, plum, cherry, yogurt, floral, vegetal

Liquor color: GOLD
Aroma: powdered sugar and faint tropical fruit – papaya?
Mouthfeel: viscous, mouth-watering, juicy after swallow, rough texture and nice tongue swelling midway through
Tastes: stonefruit/papaya?, hay, sneaky bitterness grows stronger, darker honey, deep vegetal undertone comes forward later, floral, strong returning sweetness midway
Feels: calm, alert, seems like a good morning tea

Overall impression: I like where it’s heading. It’s pretty sweet but the bitterness is on the stronger end which I like and keeps the sweetness in check. Bright tropical fruit zing has diminished, developing more stonefruit notes and darker more syrupy ripe papaya note. Can’t wait to see what happens when that vegetal undertone changes. Seems like a Yiwu with attitude.

Boiling 6 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Always up for a trade. I keep an updated cupboard. Check it out. Don’t be shy. Message me if you want to try something :)

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple.

Preference reference:

89-80: Fits my profile well enough to buy again.
69-60: Not necessarily a bad tea but one that I won’t buy again.

Sonoma County, California, USA