Kitchen clean-out teabag. No idea of age but it is the old style of Mighty Leaf packaging.

Not much aroma to the leaf — smells light green, leafy and strangely what I interpret as cherry blossom that can be found in some sencha. Brews up apple juice in color with aroma of nutty hay with some kind of bright note. First thing I notice on the sip is how mineral-salty it is, followed by hay-butter-nut. Mouth-watering comes next then a short butter-chestnut aftertaste. Astringency develops as I sip. Not worth resteeping. Meh.

Flavors: Butter, Chestnut, Drying, Hay, Mineral, Nutty, Plants, Salty

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Always up for a trade. I keep an updated cupboard. Check it out. Don’t be shy. Message me if you want to try something :)

Most enjoyment:

Wuyi and Taiwanese oolong, sheng and shou puerh, Yunnan and Wuyi blacks, Laoshan green. I also appreciate Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Darjeeling and Nepali teas, bagged tea and herbal teas/tisanes.

I take my teas without milks or sweeteners except sometimes chai and the rare London Fog or matcha latte. I generally steep a tea until it has no more to give.

I’ll try anything once because it helps me learn. Not opposed to well placed herbs, flowers, fruity bits and flavorings. Just nothing cloying especially banana, caramel, coconut, cinnamon or maple.

Preference reference:

89-80: Fits my profile well enough to buy again.
69-60: Not necessarily a bad tea but one that I won’t buy again.

Sonoma County, California, USA