Sipping on this in between classes and on my second steep now.

Like the Tealeaves’ Chamomile Blossom I had recently, this sachet is filled to the seam with whole black tea leaves and blue cornflower accents. The first steep was amazing for a bagged black. Soothing black tea fragrance, not sharp at all. The brew was full, round and kind of thick. It was deep and malty, somewhat chocolatey, with a citrusy brightness and a wine-like base that I guess was from the Keemun. A little bit of spicy bite, too, like one would expect from a Cabernet Sauvignon. Clean finish.

This second steep of 5 minutes is so far good. It’s oily and tastes more like a typical black tea bag and leaves a little bit of mineral impression.

Really nice bagged black.

Flavors: Chocolate, Citrusy, Malt, Mineral, Red Wine, Round , Spicy

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 295 ML

Tea became a hobby and my daily drink of choice some time late in the last decade. My introduction to loose leaf came in the form of dumpster-dived Wuyi oolong packets that somebody left upon moving out of an apartment building. From there, my palate expanded to teas from across China and the world. I used to focus more on taste and still harbor the habit, but after trying sheng pu’er, I tend to focus more on how a tea feels in my body. Does it complement my constitution? Does it change my mood or does it enhance my current mindstate? While I may not mention those effects in tea notes, it is what I value most. Flavored teas are not a favorite but I do drink them intermittently.

Sonoma County, California, USA