drank Arabesque by August Uncommon Tea

This feels like the innocence of limber and languid ice cream truck summers at my grandparents’ house, rolling right past the tumultuous teen years and into those humid days and hazy nights of — hey nineteen — living on my own. A still impressionable girl developing her poise and confidence as a young woman.

Strange. Tasty. Needs a stronger base.

Edited to add: If you ever come across this review, Dad, thanks for the memories. It was nice to talk yesterday.

Song pairing: Steely Dan — Hey Nineteen

Flavors: Cream, Grass, Mineral, Orange, Orange Zest, Spicy, Vanilla, Wood

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML
mrmopar

Steely Dan is always a nice listen. Do it gain is a fave as well as Deacon Blues.

ashmanra

When Josie comes home, it’s so good! She’s the pride of the neighborhood! Love so many of their songs!

Comments

mrmopar

ashmanra

Most enjoyment:

I prefer straight loose-leaf and compressed tea, teabags for ease of use and herbal teas/tisanes. My favorite teas come from all over including China, Taiwan, Nepal, Darjeeling, Thailand, Vietnam, Japan and Georgia. The only one that doesn’t do much for me is Ceylon.

I abandoned my preference reference in early 2020, favoring a focus on qualitative description and because everybody uses a different rating scale. I’m still comfortable toggling the ‘Not/Recommended’ button.

Preference reference:

Some things about me:

Endless curiosity and fascination have led me to wear many hats. Stubbornness and naivety have led me down dark paths. The restlessness isn’t improving with age but at least at 37, I’m finally aware of my nature. I have high physical energy and love being around people but am easily exhausted. My most recent caricature is that of an environmental engineering masters dropout working in retail electrical sales. An impatient woman with a knack for making stupid decisions, a lover of Jesus, science, art, beauty and language who happens to ride a motorcycle and bicycle, dabbles in sax, wields a chainsaw and drinks tea out of tiny pots. They call me “Trouble”.

Sonoma County, California, USA