drank Linden Tea by Tadin

The dry bag had the typical sweet linden aroma. A pour of boiling water revealed nothing of substance. If anything, this served as a reminder to keep a high quality linden permanently stocked. I believe it and a strong peppermint to be my herbal panaceae.

Flavors: Dust, Earth, Flowers

Boiling 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML
Leafhopper

I’ve never had a linden tea. I might have to go in search of one. Also, what is your favourite peppermint tea? I had a good one from ZenTeaLife in Vancouver, but they’ve stopped selling tea to focus on teaware.

Shae

If neither of you have tried it yet, QNTM Leaf Tea has a wonderful peppermint tea called Mindful Mint. It’s also the strongest peppermint I’ve had yet.

Leafhopper

Qntm Leaf is suspiciously silent about international shipping. Have any Canadians tried this company?

derk

Leafhopper, I’ve been searching for linden teas and all my favorites have disappeared. Maybe it’s high demand and/or supply chain issues due to COVID. Luckily my local herb shop has some loose in stock and I ordered a box of sachets from Harney. As far as peppermint, I like the stuff grown in the Pacific Northwest US since it’s usually organic, strong and clean. The brands of bags/sachets I love are (ranked): two leaves and a bud, Traditional Medicinals and Celestial Seasonings

derk

Thanks for the rec, Shae :)

Shae

Leafhopper, I reached out to QNTM Leaf Tea and they do ship to Canada. Here is the response I received -

“Yes we ship to CN and they should be able to purchase directly through the site.”

Hope this helps!

Shae

derk, I look forward to hearing what you think if you decide to try it! I thought it was a really unique blend.

Comments

Leafhopper

derk

Thanks for the rec, Shae :)

Hope this helps!

Shae

If you’re an aspiring or current tea grower, let’s talk! I am slowly beginning a tea farm here in Northern California. Currently growing are young plants pulled from the ground and gifted to me after a visit to Fairhope Tea Plantation in Alabama. The parent plants are sinensis variety from a defunct Lipton research project. I’ve also started seeds from Camellia Forest Nursery in North Carolina. The types include Camellia taliensis, an assamica variety, and 3 sinensis varieties including “Small leaf” “Large leaf” and “Black Sea.” I also picked up 2 older plants from a a local nursery. They were grown from seed supposedly acquired from a tea farm in Washington. To learn how to process tea into different styles, I plan on traveling to China and Taiwan if/when COVID becomes a relative non-issue. I’m taking Mandarin classes to aid in this journey.

Tea became a hobby and my daily drink of choice some time late in the last decade. My introduction to loose leaf came, following a lone tin of some Tie Guan Yin oolong many years prior, in the form of dumpster-dived Wuyi oolong packets that somebody left upon moving out of an apartment building. From there, my palate expanded to teas from across China and the world. I used to focus more on taste and still harbor the habit, but after trying sheng pu’er, I tend to focus more on how a tea feels in my body. Does it complement my constitution? Does it change my mood or does it enhance my current mindstate? While I may not mention those effects in tea notes, it is what I value most.

Flavored teas are not a favorite but I do drink them intermittently. Drink a variety of teabags at work. Herbal teas/tisanes provide balance. Unfiltered tap water heathen (it’s good here).

One thing I will always love is riding a bicycle.

Sonoma County, California, USA