The dry tea smells so berry-vanilla(?) syrupy sweet and medicinal that it frightened me. Delay no more, I brewed it up last night and again this morning. The steam smells the same with a metallic iron addition from the hibiscus. The taste is very tart with hibiscus, some iron. Berry tastes swirl around in the magenta brew, notably the concentrated syrupy taste of elderberries with some blueberry and also strawberry, which is not in the tea but maybe as a flavoring? I do not taste grapes, which are in the blend and noted by Martin. The berry notes linger after the swallow. I feel like it’s a bit cooling with a throat-opening quality beyond the hibiscus bite. Good for one steep, maybe 2 if you shorten the initial steep time but the second brew comes out very pale and much weaker tasting in comparison.

This is definitely not for those with a distaste for hibiscus. I find it enjoyable, though, and am happy that it passed from White Antlers’ cupboard to mine. It’s one of the better berry-hibiscus brews I’ve had.

Flavors: Berries, Biting, Blueberry, Hibiscus, Medicinal, Metallic, Strawberry, Tart, Vanilla

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML
Mastress Alita

Sounds delicious. I had a deep craving for blood-red hibi-fruit tea over the weekend, myself. Will post that review after the initial site dump is caught up a bit.

White Antlers

Glad you enjoyed this derk. I bought it based on the tasting note someone here had written (can’t recall who it was…) and was not wowed or impressed with it at all.

Martin Bednář

Metallic? Well, maybe it is that grape flavour I noticed, haha! Interesting blend nevertheless!

Comments

Mastress Alita

White Antlers