The dry leaves are long and twisted with golden tips. The liquor is an orange-reddish color. It started off with the Yunnan black tea notes, the malt, baked bread, freshly baked bread, sweetness, particularly the sweet potatoes. Very nice smooth and mellow beginning, fragrant. The mouthfeel was soft, there was some honey, sugar-cane sweetness that traveled down my throat, lingering there. In the beginning, it was toasty, malty, sweet potatoes, wood, cocoa notes, and a couple of infusions down the road, there were some nutty notes.

As I continued through the infusions, stonefruits and dried fruits came out. In the end, it transformed into something different. It was complex, and it did remind me of an aged raw pu’er as some other reviews mentioned, perhaps because of the astringency but also because of the mouthfeel and throat-feel, new fruit notes.

For $9.90 for 3.5 oz, this is a bargain for such a good tea.

Gaiwan, 194°F, 110ml, 8 steeps: rinse, 5s, 7s, 9s, 12s, 18s, 28s, 35s, 45s (I kind of sorta followed TeaVivre recommendation. I lost it at the end though lol).

Flavors: Apricot, Baked Bread, Honey, Molasses, Roasted nuts, Stonefruits, Sugarcane, Sweet, Sweet Potatoes, Toasty, Yams

Yes yes yes. This tea.

Kawaii433

You described it perfectly in your review, ashmanra :D.

tperez

I really liked that one too! I think it’s the best of Teavivre’s Yunnan blacks

Kawaii433

tperez, I am glad I finally got to try it :D. I think their tea is underrated. I suppose because they are also loved for their teaware,

ashmanra

Thank you, Kawaii433. I have a deep love for Teavivre!

Comments

ashmanra

Yes yes yes. This tea.

Kawaii433

You described it perfectly in your review, ashmanra :D.

tperez

I really liked that one too! I think it’s the best of Teavivre’s Yunnan blacks

ashmanra

Thank you, Kawaii433. I have a deep love for Teavivre!

Longtime casual tea drinker. In the past, mainly Sencha, Matcha. I’m currently into Oolong, Black & Pu’erh.

Gongfu cha is the main way I prepare my tea (gaiwan or Yixing teapot). I drink all tea… Usually unflavored. I do try some flavored now. I don’t like artificial sweeteners.

I generally don’t add anything to my teas.

USA