drank GABA Black by Mandala Tea

I’ve been a fan of Mandala Tea for a while now. It’s so strange that for some reason I never bought this until recently especially since I love GABA teas. It provides energy but also a feeling of being centered, you know, a peaceful state of mind which I felt was especially needed in the last few days. ^^

Ahh, the tea. The leaves are big dark leaves, the liquor is a golden clear amber. The taste is delicate but flavorful. It’s a light fruity black tea with baked bread and sourdough bread notes with delightful raisin, dried fruit notes. Malty, and maybe slightly tart here and there but I wouldn’t call it sour. The finish is malty, bready, slightly sweet of honey.

It began as a gongfu session and well, I screwed up big time lol. So I added water and continued with 1 min., 2 min., 3 min, 4 min. and a final 6 min. infusion with boiling water.

In other news: I spoke to my mother and she says that my brother is doing better so for that I’m glad especially since being a natural loner, my only real-life friends are my family who is states away at the moment. I will go to visit him in California soon. In the meantime, I have a tea-loving nephew who is taking up a lot of my time. hehe I hope you are all doing well. <3

Flavors: Baked Bread, Dried Fruit, Malt, Pastries, Pleasantly Sour, Raisins

Boiling 1 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
mrmopar

Hope your brother is doing well soon.

mrmopar, thank you :D

ashmanra

Glad you have good news! ❤️

ashmanra, thank you :D

LuckyMe

Glad to hear your brother is doing better

LuckyMe, thank you :D.

tea-sipper

I hope you and the family have been doing well!

Kawaii433

Doing much better. The kid went home back with his father and my mom. Thank you tea-sipper and all <3

Comments

mrmopar

Hope your brother is doing well soon.

mrmopar, thank you :D

ashmanra

Glad you have good news! ❤️

ashmanra, thank you :D

LuckyMe

Glad to hear your brother is doing better

LuckyMe, thank you :D.

tea-sipper

I hope you and the family have been doing well!

Kawaii433

Longtime casual tea drinker. In the past, mainly Sencha, Matcha. I’m currently into Oolong, Black & Pu’erh.

Gongfu cha is the main way I prepare my tea (gaiwan or Yixing teapot). I drink all tea… Usually unflavored. I do try some flavored now. I don’t like artificial sweeteners.

I generally don’t add anything to my teas.

USA