drank Buddha Bamboo by Tea Desire

This is a queued tasting note.

Cold brewed this one; mostly strawberry but managed to stay light, fresh and vegetal which was pretty nice. This is definitely less flavourful than it used to be though; I need to start thinking of more creative ways to use up the rest of the leaf because I’m getting pretty bored of this one, as well…

Decreased my rating a little, as well.

Mookit

When I cold brewed this one I found that even after 24hrs it was essentially flavourless. Do you think this tea doesn’t cold brew well it could it have been that the leaves were getting old? I didn’t really have it that long, and my hot brews didn’t seem to have a problem. Thoughts?

Roswell Strange

It could be that it was stale; my leaf of this is REALLY old and has lost a hell of a lot of flavour from when I first got it. If you didn’t get a lot of fruit chunks/rose buds in the measured leaf that you used that might be part of it as well – the bamboo itself really doesn’t have a whole lot of flavour.

Mookit

Ah, that might have been it. It was kind of the bottom of my sample packet, so it probably didn’t have all the good stuff it needed for the flavour. It was a little old too, I suppose. Maybe I’ll try again when/if I get another fresh batch.

Comments

Mookit

Roswell Strange

Hello;

My name is Kelly. I’m a twenty something tea drinker and reviewer living in Saskatchewan, Canada. I started drinking loose leaf fairly casually about five years ago, and at some point between then and now that ‘fun little hobby’ turned into a serious obsession.

You know you’ve got it bad when you get your hobby tattooed to your arm.

I’m a TAC certified Tea Sommelier!

Least favourite flavours/ingredients:

Tea Pet Reference Guide:

Clay Pixiu Dragons: Zak & Wheezie
Clay Monkey: Enzo
Ruyao Carp: Splashy
Ceramic Rabbit: Rupert
Ceramic Horse: Bergamot
Ceramic Snail: Snicket

I also have two real life pets:

SK, Canada