Breakfast in Bed

Organic Black Tea, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Natural Flavoring, Organic Vanilla Beans, Rose Petals
Rose
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

• “I just loved the idea of this one… though I didn’t drink this with breakfast in bed. More like helping my dad with speech (he has been improving after last year’s stroke.. he keeps working at it...” Read full tasting note
  • “52teas ordered today and this was the first one I tore into. It is one of the teas that I was most excited about. The combination is so unique that I just had to try this. Rose, cinnamon, and...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

As you are probably well aware by now, we held a Kickstarter campaign to get everything we needed to take over this company. One of the incentives for our start-up Kickstarter campaign was to create a VIT blend. I was so thrilled with a few of my customers from my LiberTEAS days pledged their support for this 52Teas venture of ours. And one of my previous customers wanted to create a VIT blend – but here’s the cool part: She wanted me to recreate one of my blends that I created in my LiberTEAS days!

I was so excited and proud! (Thank you!)

So here is that tea! I call it Breakfast in Bed because it tastes like the kind of tea that I’d want to sip if I were so fortunate to enjoy a breakfast in bed sometime. It’s the kind of tea that makes you feel pampered and indulgent. It’s the kind of tea that you want to sip slowly and linger over because you never want the cup to end!

I blend two different teas for the base: A Chinese Rose Congou and a Vietnamese black tea. Then I flavor this tea with vanilla and real vanilla bean and I add a generous sprinkling of cinnamon. Because I only use cinnamon pieces in this and not cinnamon flavoring, the cinnamon doesn’t take center stage. It offers a warm yet delicate cinnamon note that doesn’t interfere with the other flavors of the cup. It’s sweet, it’s creamy, it’s pleasantly floral. It’s luxurious and indulgent.

I love it!

organic ingredients: black teas, rose petals, vanilla bean, cinnamon pieces and all-natural flavors.

About 52teas View company

I just loved the idea of this one… though I didn’t drink this with breakfast in bed. More like helping my dad with speech (he has been improving after last year’s stroke.. he keeps working at it which is great. Somehow he mostly misses the what or the noun/ subject when he is saying a sentence, if anyone has any tips for that) and then another mug while reading outside. The blend features black tea (of course, it’s for breakfast) with two forms of roses and a Rose Congou base, cinnamon and vanilla. The rose is definitely wafting around in the mug, though not too strongly. I’m also tasting occasional hints of cinnamon. I feel any 52Teas blend that mentions vanilla never has enough vanilla. The black tea is a bit light. But there is a satisfying quality to the first mug that somehow does say it’s an indulgent breakfast treat. I’m wondering why 52Teas never has yerba mate bases though… or oolong?
Steep #1 // 1 heaping teaspoons for a full mug// 15 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 minute steep

Flavors: Rose

52Teas

I have an Oolong tea on the website: http://52teas.com/oolong-teas/

As for Yerba Mate, I’m not the biggest fan of Yerba Mate so I’m going to be pretty picky about the base – and because I’ve been so busy with other things, I haven’t really taken the time to do any taste test comparisons.

tea-sipper

Ah, okay, I missed that oolong! I can understand your pickiness with yerba mate.

Evol Ving Ness

Personally, I am quite content with 52Teas once in a while oolong offerings. There always seems to be an oolong or two available and they are always ranging from good to stellar, incorporating a good variety of roasts and cultivars. Works for me.

52Teas

@tea-sipper – I’ve had some good experiences and some very bad experiences with Yerba Mate – and my first few experiences happened to be very bad experiences and so it has kind of ‘triggered’ me. Since those bad times though, most of my experiences have been positive so I do plan to have yerba mate blends eventually – as well as guayusa. It’s just a matter of finding the right ones.

@Evol Ving Ness – thank you! :)

tea-sipper

Oh yes, guayusa would be even better! There hasn’t really been good guayusa blends since Butiki.

52teas ordered today and this was the first one I tore into. It is one of the teas that I was most excited about. The combination is so unique that I just had to try this. Rose, cinnamon, and vanilla. I mean, how amazing and fancy does that sound? So…… I enjoyed this but it was little thinner mouth feel than I was expecting. The flavor was good. I mostly got vanilla and cinnamon. I am taking this one to work to see how it holds up there……