Reindeer Fuel

High
Edit tea info Last updated by Bunnieh
Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This was included as a sample pouch in my recent order, so I’m going to start this off by admitting that I’m not generally a fan of cocoa/peppermint as a combination in my drinks…but I’m oddly...” Read full tasting note

From Adagio Teas

A limited edition blend specially formulated to give Santa’s team the caffeine boost they need to get through the holiday season.

About Adagio Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

This was included as a sample pouch in my recent order, so I’m going to start this off by admitting that I’m not generally a fan of cocoa/peppermint as a combination in my drinks…but I’m oddly enticed by this one.

The aroma is mostly mint, but the taste…is surprisingly complex. Earthy in a way that makes me think of dirt (dark, loamy topsoil) and deep without the bitterness that I often get from black teas. The cocoa isn’t heavy and doesn’t feature prominently, though I think I can catch hints in the aroma and aftertaste.

Overall I’d consider this a surprisingly good tea. I’ll admit I should probably avoid it due to the caffeine, but it may become a cabinet staple regardless; it just reminds me of growing up in the mountains, strange though that may sound.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
Bunnieh

(note to self) When you decide to drink this in the future please remember that re-steeping mate doesn’t seem to reduce the caffeine at all. Midnight panic attacks aren’t worth having a second cup in the evening.