Green Tea
Butter, Cake, Caramel, Fruity, Pineapple, Sweet, Toffee, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Dexter

From August Uncommon Tea

Tastes Like: pineapple cake, caramel beignet, dried lemon peel
Feels Like: a lazy stroll through the french quarter

You’ve never had a green tea this rich and sweet. When you taste it, you’ll swear you just had a bite of pineapple cake and a caramel beignet. If you’ve ever thought green tea is too bitter, try Big Easy. It’s as simple and delightful as a stroll in New Orleans.

A tea for those sweet and easy days

Ingredients: chinese sencha green tea, thai pineapple, rosehips, german barley malt, lemongrass, caramel, dried orange, flavoring

Contains gluten from barley malt and dairy

About August Uncommon Tea View company

Wasn’t planning on drinking this one tonight, but when I went to dig through my sample box on the shelf to find the tea I did plan on drinking I saw this in there and went “Fuck it, I can drink two teas at once!” so I grabbed both and brewed them both up…

It’s been a while since my first tasting of this one, and honestly I’ve put off trying it again not because I didn’t like it the first time but because I’ve been scared that the second cup wont come close to tasting anywhere as good as the first one did. I should have had faith though because this one was also gentle and delicate buttery pineapple with rich caramel sweetness! I mean, I look at the ingredients list and I feel like this shouldn’t taste the way it does at all but it’s so pastry like with that golden, complimentary pineapple note and I don’t know how AU is doing it!

This just reconfirmed that I’m in love with it though and that my first cup was not a fluke. Knowing that, I can seriously see this being something I’d want to order more of from AU in a larger quantity – and that’s a serious statement because I don’t know when I last said that about a green tea that wasn’t matcha.

Mmmm!

Daylon R Thomas

Woohoo! Double fisting!

Roswell Strange

The only kind of fisting as far as I’m concerned ;)

NOMS. dexter sent this one my way along with a number of other samples i’m excited todive in to even if i’m really close to 100 again. My weight is still under what i was hoping for the end of year so i’m laughing. :)

I really like this one. It’s, as dex mentioned, not as out there as other AU blends i’ve had but i love this a lot more than i thought i would. probably because it doesn’t come across as a green tea lol this is really much more pineapple, caramel donut….not as light as like an angel food cake with pineapple..but it’s very dessert like. am a fan!

Count: 95

Cavocorax

Woo! You’re going to be at 75 by Monday, aren’t you?

haha not likely. Wine touring this weekend so guessing end of the month.

Dexter

Happy you liked this one – in hind site, I should have sent you a sample of Dark Iris, but it’s oolong and I hadn’t tried it yet when I put your package together. It’s base is really non invasive and the fruit flavors are nice.

not to worry. I’ll have to sit down and figure out if there is a need to order things once i’m back this weekend. I’m so happy to be under 4kg…

Dexter

I haven’t looked at my spread sheet since early May. That might be a project for this weekend.

This is not quite what I was expecting. I really thought that the barley would add a genmaicha quality to this.
This is mostly pineapple with just a hint of caramel. Not getting much of the green base – which is ok by me. I like it, not as unusual as the other August Uncommon blends, but it’s tasty enough.

Roswell Strange

Hmm; good to know. This is one I’ve been on the fence about in regard to ordering. Mostly because of the base… Did you drink it hot or cold?

Dexter

I drank it hot. I just got a sample of it. It’s good hot and I think it would ge good cold too. Verry dessery pineapple, not bitter or grassy at all from the green base.