Black Herbal Rooibos Blend
Almonds, Calendula Petals, Ceylon Black Tea, Flavour, Mallow Flowers, Red Rooibos, Sugar Sprinkles
Cake, Cherry, Honey, Rooibos, Smooth, Sweet, Vanilla, Wood
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by CrowKettle
Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 13 oz / 387 ml

Available from 1 seller.

2 Images

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Let’s be honest, there is nothing better than cake. Except perhaps a cup of tea and cake! This delicious tea has both and almost no calories! Oh and did you notice the pretty sprinkles in there too? Talk about having your cake and eating it!

Ingredients: Rooibos, Ceylon black tea*, almond pieces, cake sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, hardened peanut oil, potato starch, flavour, colour E101, traces of milk + wheat), calendula petals, mallow flowers, flavour.

*Please note that this tea has less than 1% of Ceylon black tea, it’s not just a Rooibos blend.

Brew the perfect cup: 1 heaped teaspoon per cup – 100°C water – 4+ mins – with or without milk

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

My husband chose this as our last pot of tea for the night. It was a good call because I was hoping he would pick a nice Rooibos base.

It’s as beautiful as I remember. :) So creamy and sweet with pure vanilla and sugar notes. Shame my birthday has already come and gone, this would be a nice treat to sip on the day. Perhaps I will have to do so on my husbands birthday later in the year.

Boiling 8 min or more
JustJames

this describes something i would like…. yup, going to put it on my shopping list. i’ve heard good things about the company too!

Thanks for the sample Bluebird Tea
This was ok. Tasty. Mildly sweet with something hanging in the background. I suppose it could have been “cake”. I was a tad disappointed.

Yvonne

I’d love to try this – looks so cute!

Indigobloom

Yvonne, if you ever get the chance, let me know what you think :)

Yvonne

I sure will! :)

Cavocorax

Hmm. Sounds like a pass for me.

Plunkybug

Looks like an interesting tea, but the feedback isn’t stellar. Doesn’t seem to deliver in the cake department. I’d be concerned with the rooibos in it as I’ve had random issues with rooibos lately.

Ugh sipping this tea contemplating why people have to be butts & sell concert tickets for way over face value. «grumbles» I just wanna go see Hedley again & not break the bank.

I couldn’t figure out what the dry leaves smelt like, it was familiar; so I re-read the ingredients…. almond.
This is a really tasty tea, but I’m not convinced it tastes like cake, delicious, but not cake. I sear I get a blueberry taste. It’s sweet, without really being sweet… yea that doesnt makw much sense, but it is what it is lol
It’s vanilla & ok maybe I do get some cake flavours at the end of the sip. The rooibos is also light, which I like.

Boiling 8 min or more

Any tea with a cake aspect (especially a rooibos blend) jumps right into my shopping cart. I don’t really know what my fascination with cake flavored teas is.. it could be that cake is one of my favorite things to eat! Yellow, white, fruit, angel food, shortcake (I’ll pass on the chocolate, though) – CAKE CAKE CAKE!

The photo of this blend first caught my eye because of the adorable star-shaped sprinkles. It also seemed like a great new version of a cake tea.

After water has been poured over the tea, I smell a rather strong rooibos with a light medicinal note. There is something like cake in the background, but I can’t put my finger on what KIND of cake it would be. Sipping…. Hmm.. this is very tasty! I was a little concerned that the rooibos would taste medicinal, but it’s actually rather light. There is a bit of almond flavor that when mixed with everything actually tastes a little bit like cake. It’s not really a very buttery or sweet cake, but something a little drier.. crumbly.. maybe like a cookie?

I’ll likely purchase more of this in a future order. It’s light, yummy and different than anything else I have in my tea collection. Big thanks to Bluebird Tea for a sample!

Another sample!

I’m not getting cake in this – mostly rooibos with a bit of almond and some sweetness. It’s very tasty though, and the low caffeine level makes it a nice evening brew.

Hmmm… So this is my third or fourth time tasting this one, but I’m still not sure what I think of it.

I wish it was just pure rooibos, and not a rooibos-ceylon mix, because I can’t really tolerate caffeine late in the afternoon, so that kind of limits what time I can/cannot drink it. Anyways, this is a very pretty tea in it’s dry form.

I can’t really make much of it’s taste, though. Sometimes it reminds me almost of bubblegum? Occasionally I can taste something like vanilla, but other sips are just bland.

I don’t know – maybe I’ll play around with sweetening it and see what happens.

June Wedding! Something new! (At least relatively… I ordered this from my first Bird & Blend Co. order, back when they were still Bluebird, and if I got a tea within this year, I still consider it “new,” pretty much, though I do believe that order was in January). I tried to drink this back in March on my birthday, but then I got food poisoning, soooo… ya. Haven’t bothered to try it again since then, and don’t really have any memories of the tea, either, as other (much more unpleasant) memories of that evening left a more lasting impression. Since it is a good friend/coworker’s birthday today, this is the tea I decided to bring to work today, so I decided it’s probably been long enough to give this another try.

The dry leaf has a pretty heavy rooibos aroma — a sharp almost cough syrupy scent, but more honeyed, and there is a lot of nutty notes and something very sweet to this aroma as well. My steeped cup has a pretty smooth rooibos base, and I’m picking up notes of vanilla and cherry… if I sort of let the flavors linger and cool on my tongue, the aftertaste actually does remind me of the flavor of confetti cake. I find it interesting that the nuttiness in the aroma comes out as fruitiness to my tongue in the cup. It’s a nice, sweet, desserty tea.

Flavors: Cake, Cherry, Honey, Rooibos, Smooth, Sweet, Vanilla, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Cue sad music I was really hoping this tea would make a nice latte, something for staying up late nights at the hospital. Keep me warm while finishing up charting patients. Unfortunately the taste of this tea is much like the paper I’m charting on. Bummer. Sounded so good.

Flavors: Wood

drpastry

I think we need a list of teas to chart patients to? Just saying.

So this was a sample that was included in the last shared ordered I had with Marzipan & Liquid Proust. I should have included it in one of their boxes. This sounds delicious and I wanted to like it so bad. . .but my arch enemy struck again! So alas, this tea just wasn’t for me. Made me sad. I wanted a sprinkled birthday cake filled cup of love. Instead I got a funky weird woodsy taste cuppa that I could barely take a drink out of.

Anybody interested??

Comment on my blog and I’ll draw a random winner. This is basically a full ounce with a tsp missing. . .I’ll include other goodies too!

TeaNTees

What’s your fave “cake” tea? I am a cake fanatic and am still searching for just the right one!

TeaNTees

So far “Granny’s Cake” by RiverTea is the best cake tea I’ve had but unfortunately RiverTea has gone the way of the dinosaur it seems. :(

Nichole/CuppaGeek

Off the top of my head-I did like Bluebird’s Vicki Sponge Cake cold brewed. That was raspberry jammy with vanilla cake on the side but that is it. I too am still searching for that perfect cake tea.

Birthday cake! Thank you for the sample, KittyLovesTea! The description says black tea but I don’t see any black leaves in my blend or in the picture of the tea. This is mostly rooibos but whoa is Bluebird’s rooibos some of the best: all smooth and delicious. It’s almost like strawberries! I can see why the rhubarb cream blend works so well. I think the sugar from the adorable star sprinkles are improving the rooibos. Other than that, I only see purple flowers in the blend and there isn’t much flavor other than the rooibos itself. I’m not really sure how this tea could claim to be cake, maybe it should just be called “birthday”. As a rooibos blend, this is a win. Rooibos haters could be swayed with Bluebird’s base, I think. I used a Tsac and there weren’t any rooibos particles in the mug. The second steep was good too, but it lost most of the strawberry flavor for some reason. Not bad, but I’d definitely prefer my favorite teas on my birthday (very well could be many of Bluebird’s blends).