Herbal Tea
Herbal, Sour, Citrus, Floral, Lemon, Rose, Lavender, Flowers, Herbs, Perfume, Pleasantly Sour, Sweet
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

3 Images

• “160/365 The last of Bluebird’s Dreamtime collection, which was released earlier this year (just after Christmas?) Dozy Girl is kind of a repromote in this context, because it’s part of their...” Read full tasting note
  • “0.9 tablespoons for 248 ml Predominant flavour is lavender with chamomile in the background. Hibiscus is very well blended- I can’t pick it out in the blend. There a slight lemony zing which I’m...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown 53 I’ve had this for quite awhile and have been putting off drinking it, as I was suspecting I wouldn’t care for it (I also don’t drink teas at night very often). I was right, this isn’t...” Read full tasting note
  • “I was cleaning up my cluttered desk and found this sample bag. Also it’s evening, and I have work in the morning (yay!), and this might help me get sleepy. Since it’s herbal, I left the bag in....” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Put those pesky sheep to bed once and for all with this comforting combination of lavender, chamomile and rose. A naturally caffeine-free blend, perfect for getting cosy before bedtime. Also nicknamed ‘The Parent’s Little Helper’ and ‘The Chillaxer’… it’s a miracle in a cup!

Ingredients: Chamomile Blossoms, Lemon Verbena, Hibiscus, Rose Petals, Lemon Verbena Stalks, Lavender Blossoms

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

160/365

The last of Bluebird’s Dreamtime collection, which was released earlier this year (just after Christmas?) Dozy Girl is kind of a repromote in this context, because it’s part of their permanent collection anyway. I’m pretty sure it’s one of the ones that’s been around since day one.

It’s never been one of my absolute favourites, just because floral teas aren’t generally my thing. I had a cup right before bed, though, and I slept so well last night that I might have to reevaluate. I didn’t go to bed particularly early, but I woke up actually feeling refreshed, and that’s a rare thing for me.

The most prominent flavour is chamomile, followed by a heavy hit of rose. The lavender is there also, but remains very much a background flavour. The combination is highly scented and perhaps a little too perfumey for my liking, but it does tone down the sweet/honey flavour of the chamomile a little, and that’s welcome.

There’s something underlying the other flavours that I can’t quite put my finger on, but it’s adding a deeply “herbal” note to an otherwise sweet tea. I suppose it could be the lemon verbena…? It’s not the hibiscus! Until I looked at the ingredients list, I didn’t actually realise there was hibiscus in this blend. It doesn’t affect the flavour or colour, so I guess it can’t be much.

This probably isn’t a tea I’d drink routinely for pleasure, because the flavour combination isn’t really one I enjoy. As a sleep aid, though? You bet!

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp
Evol Ving Ness

I find myself doing most anything for a good night’s sleep these days—and by these days, I mean the past two years since my new neighbours moved in with baby and other hysterics.

Scheherazade

That sucks. I’ve had bad neighbours before, and remember it as one of the worst experiences of my life. That might sound melodramatic, but it got to the point where the thought of going home made me feel physically sick…and I don’t like my job! If I’d rather stay at work than go home, I know things are really bad. This tea just seems to knock me out, though. I don’t think it used to have that much effect on me, but it certainly does these days!

Evol Ving Ness

Not melodramatic at all. I completely get it and well know that sinking feeling when you walk in the front door to your own home. It’s like the thing gets poisoned. Sorry that you had had that experience. Here, I continue to experiment to find a workable solution. It’s coming.

Hurray for potent sleepy tea!

0.9 tablespoons for 248 ml

Predominant flavour is lavender with chamomile in the background. Hibiscus is very well blended- I can’t pick it out in the blend. There a slight lemony zing which I’m sure the hibiscus is accentuating.

Sipdown 53

I’ve had this for quite awhile and have been putting off drinking it, as I was suspecting I wouldn’t care for it (I also don’t drink teas at night very often). I was right, this isn’t for me.

The combination of hibiscus and lavender just does not work. The 2 flavors seem to be fighting rather than working harmoniously, and it makes for a really odd sour/herbal combination. I could detect a bit of lemon verbena, but no rose or chamomile over the hibiscus.

Flavors: Herbal, Sour

Kelmishka

The idea of hibiscus + lavender gives me metaphorical hives! Yeesh!

Since it’s herbal, I left the bag in. Mmm, this is nice. I can easily pick out the lemon and floral flavors. The rose flavor is very subtle, at the end of the sip. It tastes like taking a nap in a lovely garden. A++, would sip again!

Flavors: Citrus, Floral, Lemon, Rose

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

#tiffanys2021sipdown Tea #84 overall / Tea #51 for February

Sunday 2/28 so I thought I had reached my goal at this point but I was one short. I pulled out this tea which is not really my tea style but I steeped the 1 sachet I have for a few minutes in 10 oz of water. Not bad for a floral chamomile tea.

#tiffanydrinkstea #tiffanys2021 #tiffanysfaves #tiffanyinthe614 #tiffanysteasipdown #sipdownchallenge

Free sample from my summer order. This one was much better after I added a tiny bit of sugar. The lavender flavor was pretty strong, with a bit of a soft, nondescript background of other stuff. I cold brewed a second steep, which was still quite lavendery. I’m not sure this is my #1 favorite lavender blend, but I did enjoy it quite a bit and would consider ordering it in the future.

One of the free treats with my last B&B order. I don´t tend to have tea just before going to bed, and even less a chamomile based tea (which I only seem to have when I have eaten too much ;-) ), so I kept it a while before trying it.
What a wonderful flowery aroma when opening the pocket in which the tea bag is sealed! Rose and lavender make it very perfume-like, and they probably also cause the steeped tea to be a nice pink in colour. For me these ingredients overwhelm in comparaison to the chamomile, what I actually can appreciate. Good brew, but I think the other senses (view, smell) make it a more enjoyable experience, and as I had it in a glass mug, I could enjoy the visual side also in optimal conditions.

Flavors: Floral, Lavender, Rose

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 30 sec 1 g 8 OZ / 250 ML

Got one bag of this tea as a freebie from Bird & Blend.
Brews a surprisingly rich colour, rose/violet tinted.
Aroma dominated by chamomille, but with other ingredients also fairly evident and combining into a complex bouquet. Maybe a bit too perfumey, but one can expect such impression with rose and lavender.
Sweetish, very floral (obviously) taste, a bit herbal.
Honestly, I’m not a floral tea lover and certainly I’d never buy it this blend on my own, but it’s nice to have this freebie, because it lets me try something new. And to confirm my taste. :)

Flavors: Flowers, Herbs, Lavender, Perfume, Rose

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 g 250 OZ / 7393 ML

Decided to finally brew this one up tonight; I had a freebie teabag of it in my Boxing Day Sale order (I had to get that Jasmine Poached Pears while I had a chance!), but I’ve actually had one of the 20g sampler pouches from B&B for ages and still haven’t opened it up yet… so typical of me!

I love floral teas, but this does have chamomile in it, so depending on how strong the chamomile presents compared to the rose and lavender (two flavors I really love), this really could go either way for me. I am able to smell it pretty strongly in the aroma of the cup… but I’m also smelling the rose and lavender, and the tea is a pretty pink color rather than chamomile yellow, so maybe the small addition of the hibi (another thing I love… I know, controversial!) will go a long way in mellowing out that soapy chamomile taste for me.

The flavor… huh. Interesting, the main note I’m getting is lemon. There is lemon verbena in the blend, but I wasn’t even picking up any citrus in the aroma. I do taste a bit of the chamomile, but with the lemon presenting as the strongest flavor note, and it coming out a nice, pleasantly tart sort of lemon, it is rounding it out so nicely that my typical chamomile-blechniness isn’t bothering me. I get a hit of sweet florals toward the end of the sip; I’m not really picking out a distinct lavender flavor, sadly (I quite like the taste of it, and it pairs nicely with lemon citrus, too) but I definitely taste the rose.

This is far more enjoyable than I thought I was going to fare with it. It’s a gentle lemon tea with strong floral notes, and a good evening herbal. I’m not sure if I’d restock it, but I won’t have any issues going through the other sampler pouch I have stashed away nor any other freebie teabags that make their way to me.

Flavors: Citrus, Floral, Lemon, Pleasantly Sour, Rose, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 350 ML

SUPER glad I can’t taste any hibiscus in this! If I had seen it in the ingredients of the tea, I wouldn’t have bought it. I taste a nice blend of chamomile and lavender… maybe a little lemongrass. It’s nice and I like it, but I don’t think it is spectacular enough to warrant the shipping costs from the UK.

Lexie Aleah

I just did something similar myself I bought a Mandarin Spice Tea and it has hibiscus as the second ingredient. I usually always check beforehand but didn’t this time.

Dustin

How was it? I would imagine the hib would be pretty strong and yuck if it was the second ingredient.

Lexie Aleah

I have yet to summon up the courage to try it. I might as well make a cup right now.