Food Rooibos Blend
Candied Hazelnuts, Carrot, Cinnamon, Flavor, Mallow Flowers, Nutmeg, Rooibos, Vanilla Pieces
Carrot, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Sweet, Wood, Cake, Vanilla
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 3 g 12 oz / 354 ml

• “Should have drank this alongside the DavidsTea version when I had the chance! Ah well. Not sure I’m a big fan of this tea; the rooibos isn’t particularly notable, which is always good, but the...” Read full tasting note
  • “April 2019 subscription A first one in their list. Aaand soo good. I prepared it several times, almost same all the time. Once in pot for whole family and nobody complained. Open the sachet, you...” Read full tasting note
  • “Home – 11:00 PM Squeezing in one last “tea” for the day… This one is from my recent Bird & Blend order. I haven’t historically been the biggest fan of red rooibos, but I really love Bird...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thanks to Mastress Alita for giving me the chance to try this blend! The primary flavor tastes like steamed carrots, and in some sips there’s a touch of spice. It’s nice, if a bit weak. I’d prefer...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Yummy scrummy cakey cuppa with nutty notes + a touch of spice!

Afternoon tea in a cup! This light rooibos tea has been sprinkled with real carrot flakes + spiced to Bluebird perfection. Enjoy with or without milk, but always with a big slice of carrot cake!

Rooibos, Cinnamon, caramelised hazelnut (hazelnut, sugar), carrot flakes, vanilla pieces, nutmeg, mallow flowers, flavour.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Not sure I’m a big fan of this tea; the rooibos isn’t particularly notable, which is always good, but the spice blend is almost a bit perfumey, and doesn’t quite nail carrot cake for me. I actually can’t quite identify what that perfumey flavour I’m tasting is, though it is familiar and makes me think of Christmases past. (It’s not nutmeg or cinnamon – I taste both of those as well.) Since I happened to have finished off my bag from DT quite recently, I believe I can say that I preferred it, as it had spicing more like what I’m used to, as well as bonus icing creaminess. Perhaps British carrot cake spicing is just different?

April 2019 subscription
A first one in their list. Aaand soo good.
I prepared it several times, almost same all the time. Once in pot for whole family and nobody complained. Open the sachet, you know this is good! Cinamon hits the nose, with wood notes of rooibos. Then another spices, nutmeg, vanilla. Hazelnuts. Carrot. Everything is there and noticable.

Strainer, 3 grams, keeping all the time, because it does not turn bitter. You turn your nose to cup, and it is carrot cake all around. Vanilla notes became stronger. How lovely. I thought I am not fan of rooibos blends or something. But this is really good. I appreciate that real carrot pieces are in.

The taste is velvety smooth and again I will repeat, it tastes like actual carrot cake. I had it just few times in my life, but I had. Vanilla, nutmeg, carrot. Dough base. I feel biased, but really, so high rating. Because this is probably one of the best loose leaf “fruit” teas. Okay, actually not fruit, rather spicy. But it is just great blend.

I know this tasting note is not up to my better notes, but I feel bit numb in English today, so I can´t rewrite my thoughts so well.

Boiling 3 g
Kittenna

Ah, and here I passed this one by in my recent order! (I think…)

Kittenna

Nevermind, I got 20g. Hurrah!

Martin Bednář

Can’t wait for your review Kittenna

Home – 11:00 PM

Squeezing in one last “tea” for the day… This one is from my recent Bird & Blend order. I haven’t historically been the biggest fan of red rooibos, but I really love Bird & Blend’s Rhubarb & Custard rooibos blend so I ordered a couple others to try. It’s encouraging to see pieces of dried carrot in the packet.

This is a nice, mellow rooibos blend. The spicing is quite light, which I think makes sense for a carrot-cake-inspired tea. There’s cinnamon and just a hint of nutmeg. I do taste the carrot, which is lovely, though it is very mild. There’s also some sweetness – I’m not sure if it’s from the caramelized nuts or the carrot itself. Either way, it’s light enough that it accents the overall flavor instead of becoming sickly.

Quite yummy. I will say that next time I may overleaf this one a little and steep it longer, as it is very light overall.

Flavors: Carrot, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Sweet, Wood

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Thanks to Mastress Alita for giving me the chance to try this blend! The primary flavor tastes like steamed carrots, and in some sips there’s a touch of spice. It’s nice, if a bit weak. I’d prefer more spices in there. I think my problem may be that Simpson & Vail’s carrot cake cupcake tea is so so good that other carrot cake blends taste boring in comparison. So if you’re ordering from Bird & Blend anyway, this wouldn’t be a bad one to throw in your cart, but it’s also not the best carrot cake tea out there.

I’m sipping all the tea this evening! To be honest, I’m sat at my dining room table waiting for my dinner to cook, and every time I pop into the kitchen to check on it, I keep rummaging about in my tea cupboard, all… “Ooh, I’ll make that one next!”

Can you believe it’s November already? Where has this year gone?! I’m pleased as punch today because I ordered two Christmas presents last night. I am so much a last-minute Christmas shopper, that the fact I’ve ticked two off my list already is filling me with joy! I really want to get all my shopping done this month and enjoy the run up to Christmas for a change. It was all such a rush last year (not helped by moving house at the end of October) and it took a lot of the excitement away. This year, though, I am determined!

Anyway, more tea! I picked Carrot Cake because I haven’t drank this is in a while, and I’m slowly trying to work through my Bird & Blend packets (so I can order more, obviously!) right now. I really, really like this one. It smells absolutely divine! All the comforting, cake-y, delicious aromas I love. I get a gorgeous taste of cake and vanilla, with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg. I do have to admit that it smells a lot stronger than it tastes. I’ve steeped this for a good ten minutes in the past and still found it tastes weaker than the smell suggests. It’s completely yummy though and a great imitation of carrot cake.

Flavors: Cake, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Vanilla

Cameron B.

I hope Bird & Blend ships my order soon! There’s a 20g sample pack of this in it! :D

Aimerella

Oooh, I hope it ships soon too! And I hope you enjoy this as much as I do! :)

155/365

The second of Bluebird’s Easter collection. I feel like I’m so behind with stuff right now! I made this one up plain at work this morning; just 1 tsp of leaf in boiling water. I thought at first I might want milk with it, but it’s actually just fine – a little woody/dry from the rooibos base, maybe, but nothing I can’t overlook.

I get a lot of cakes notes from this, and it reminds me a little of Bluebird’s Birthday Cake. There’s less vanilla than there is with that one, but it’s the same kind of white cake flavour. The mid sip is sweet and slightly nutty, with just a light touch of cinnamon/nutmeg spice. It’s deliciously creamy, and pretty spot-on carrot cake in my book. I even get a hint of cream cheese icing in the aftertaste, which is a thing I feel like I rarely find in carrot cake tea.

This one’s right up my alley!

Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 1 tsp
Fjellrev

Sounds wonderful!

Scheherazade

It is! I was more impressed than I thought I’d be :)

Bluebird kindly sent this one along as a free sample with my Boxing Day order. Thanks Bluebird! I love carrot cake and have tried a plethora of carrot cake teas. The ingredients here seem like they would make for the IDEAL and dreamy carrot cake cup: Rooibos, Cinnamon, caramelised hazelnut, carrot flakes, vanilla pieces, nutmeg, and even pretty purple mallow flowers. I love that Bluebird actually makes the effort to put actual carrot in this blend. It sounds like the perfect carrot cake blend in my opinion, but the result ends up a little weaker than I’d like. I went with a teaspoon and a half for a mug. Sadly, I think because I’ve tried so darn many blends like this, Bluebird’s blend is not quite living up to my expectations here. The flavor is fine, but I just expect it to have more flavor than this, especially if I’m using a half teaspoon more. Overall the flavor turns out mildly sweet, spicy, cakey and carroty. But I’m surprised that there isn’t MORE of these notes here.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug// 10 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 5+ minute steep