Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by CrowKettle

• “155/365 The second of Bluebird’s Easter collection. I feel like I’m so behind with stuff right now! I made this one up plain at work this morning; just 1 tsp of leaf in boiling water. I thought at...” Read full tasting note
  • “Bluebird kindly sent this one along as a free sample with my Boxing Day order. Thanks Bluebird! I love carrot cake and have tried a plethora of carrot cake teas. The ingredients here seem like...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Yummy scrummy cakey cuppa with nutty notes + a touch of spice!
Afternoon tea in a cup! This light rooibos tea has been sprinkled with real carrot flakes + spiced to Bluebird perfection. Enjoy with or without milk, but always with a big slice of carrot cake!

Rooibos, Cinnamon, caramelised hazelnut (hazelnut, sugar), carrot flakes, vanilla pieces, nutmeg, mallow flowers, flavour.

1 heaped teaspoon per cup – 100° water – 4+ mins – with or without milk.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

1993 tasting notes

155/365

The second of Bluebird’s Easter collection. I feel like I’m so behind with stuff right now! I made this one up plain at work this morning; just 1 tsp of leaf in boiling water. I thought at first I might want milk with it, but it’s actually just fine – a little woody/dry from the rooibos base, maybe, but nothing I can’t overlook.

I get a lot of cakes notes from this, and it reminds me a little of Bluebird’s Birthday Cake. There’s less vanilla than there is with that one, but it’s the same kind of white cake flavour. The mid sip is sweet and slightly nutty, with just a light touch of cinnamon/nutmeg spice. It’s deliciously creamy, and pretty spot-on carrot cake in my book. I even get a hint of cream cheese icing in the aftertaste, which is a thing I feel like I rarely find in carrot cake tea.

This one’s right up my alley!

Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 1 tsp
Fjellrev

Sounds wonderful!

Scheherazade

It is! I was more impressed than I thought I’d be :)

Please keep things friendly and .

Bluebird kindly sent this one along as a free sample with my Boxing Day order. Thanks Bluebird! I love carrot cake and have tried a plethora of carrot cake teas. The ingredients here seem like they would make for the IDEAL and dreamy carrot cake cup: Rooibos, Cinnamon, caramelised hazelnut, carrot flakes, vanilla pieces, nutmeg, and even pretty purple mallow flowers. I love that Bluebird actually makes the effort to put actual carrot in this blend. It sounds like the perfect carrot cake blend in my opinion, but the result ends up a little weaker than I’d like. I went with a teaspoon and a half for a mug. Sadly, I think because I’ve tried so darn many blends like this, Bluebird’s blend is not quite living up to my expectations here. The flavor is fine, but I just expect it to have more flavor than this, especially if I’m using a half teaspoon more. Overall the flavor turns out mildly sweet, spicy, cakey and carroty. But I’m surprised that there isn’t MORE of these notes here.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug// 10 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 5+ minute steep

Please keep things friendly and .